New to Brisbane (Manly West)

Blou Bul

Hi All.

I'm new to sunny Brisbane and a very keen fisho. I'm currently in Manly west and was wondering if anyone can tell me where to go and wet a line to maybe bag a fish or 2?

I'm also looking for boaties that will take me with on their fishing trips (I’m willing to share costs)? I'm unfortunately South African but working hard to look more Aussie :-)

I'm also looking for info on how to crab and where. I'm free during the next month (work only starts end of September)

Please send me a mail if someone can help.

Thanks

Niel

hello hello, plenty of places to wet a line around brisbane - closest being Manly! I've heard and seen some big bream pulled out of the Marina and surrounding areas so that would be a start.

There will also be another bream social event so you can come and put some names to faces as well as fish so keen an eye out for this.

And if you have a look on the site and navigate to the 'going fishing' section - people will put up if they have a deckie spot and whether or not they would like any money for fuel/bait whatever

Welcome again to the site and enjoy your stay! Lots of great info on here

welcom mate.

to start manly has some good spots there is also wellington point, cleveland, victoria point anywere along the coast line arround those areas should land you a few.

heaps of great info on this site and dont hesitate to post any more questions someone will always answer.

Grant.

Hi Niel.

First of all, your self-deprecating humour has you on the front foot.

Head down to Manly harbour for some bream and squid action.

Should you wish to hit Breakfast Creek mouth at the start of a run-out tide, let me know. I live 100m from Newstead House and pretty much always up for a flick. ;)

just down the road from you is the mouth to lota and tingalpa creeks which come out in the same place you can drive down to lota park and walk out onto the flats at low tide. there you can pump yabbies and flick baits out into the channel for good flathead and whiting

mark

Archived