post your flies

Joel Eadie

not sure how successful this thread will be as i dont know how many fly fishos there are out there but thought it would be a good idea to share patterns that you tye/have bought

ive still got much to learn and am lacking much of the gear eg clamp so sorry some are a bit dodgy.

admitadly i am yet to catch my first salt water fish on flies, its so hard to give the fly rod a go when plastics work so well (i have had success on toga). but when i do these are the puppies that will go out first.

my favorite clouser

clouser.jpg

The shrimp pattern at the top has worked well in fresh and salt for obvious reasons.

Second one has caught plenty of pike and a few bream as well.

Third one is a flattie magnet and has caught a couple of solid bass out of Marron and Boondooma dams

The last one hasn't had a swim yet, but I am confident it will tick snapper off my fly caught list very soon B)IMGP0959.jpg

hey tomca a friend of mine got fined for having parts(wing of a tawny frogmouth) of a protected species that he took from road kill for fly tying.

apparently you cant even take parts of roadkill if it is a protected species

so he was treated as if he had killed it

nadders wrote:

cheers for the nightmares brian, whats the story jeff lol

Hahahaha. I remember this well.

AFO charter off the goldie. We were onto a good patch of dollies but jeff caught that bird.

Dont be fooled by the mean face, youll note the hands on the nect are actually being very gentle (Jeff ya big softy). It took him a good bit of patience to unravel the line from the bird.

Angus

Archived