Bad start

Artifishal

Did anyone fish the canals at The goldy yesterday? I did, spent all day there fished from low tide to just after high tide using lures, plastics AND PRAWNS. Caught NOTHING! got 2 tiny bream which are hardly worth mentioning.

I'm hoping it was just that the fish were off and I wasn't doing anything wrong, But with my results of late I'm thinking that maybe it is something I'm doing (or not doing).

I've only just recently started land base fishing (have no boat nor know anyone who has one since the old man got rid of his) and do not know where good spots are.

But I will not let this bad run deter me and i will be out there again and again looking for hot spots and maybe fish with someone who can show me a thing or two.

I cant wait till after My wedding and honeymoon as I WILL be getting my own boat.

I know your all laughing by now (poor guy, once he's married he wont be aloud to get a boat :laugh: ) but i have talked her into it (which took 5 sec) and now she is more excited to get one than I am.

Mate, we were out there from 5:30am to midday yesterday and for the second week in a row I came up with Homer's favourite... :pinch:

We were throwing everything in the tackle box at 'em.

Sweresy landed a respectable flattie and a little bream but they were the only two real bites apart from a little bream I had on for about 10 seconds before he shook the lure... Apart from that... no hits.

I even spent an hour at Brekky Ck this morning hoping to catch ANYTHING but all I got was a 6-way air knot... FML... :laugh:

All just makes you hungrier for next time. ;)

lol Artifishal. I second what you said. Spent the whole afternoon and evening in the canals around broadbeach/burleigh heads and caught nothing. I even casted a few into trees and the neighbooring buildings with hopes of a catch!! haha nah just kidding, but it was extremely quiet on the landbased side of things

Cheers guys, I'm glad that i wasn't the only one who had a bit of bad luck.

One thing i saw that gave me a chuckle was three tourists trying their hand at a bit of angling. Having bought what looked like the 2pc fluorescent kiddies spin rods, one of them had the tip piece guides facing up while the butt guides were down. He couldn't work out why when he casted it went 90 degrees to the right :laugh:. He was so embarrassed I didn't have the heart to tell him and embarrassing him further.

My luck though he probably caught heaps :P

Archived