Mouse over menus

aussie123

I agree, the menus often hang and do not always go back up.

One way to fix this is to increase the mouse over response time eg immediate response is annoying because you cannot even pass the mouse over the menu without multiple drop downs.

But a .5 or 1 second response would only activate the drop downs when you purposely held the mouse over the menu.

Not sure if this is possible on this site though.

Would need some testing too.

At the moment the menus in my browser are responding instantly (No delay or time window).

I know this because I took a registry tweak off the internet and changed my windows start menu response time to 0.

Now the 'all programs' tab opens so quick even when I do not want it to, because I am simply moving over it to another link.

Click on windows desktop "Start"menu then hover over "All Programs" you will notice a small delay before the "All programs" menu appears.

Cheers

The very top dropdown menu. Most of the time when you inadvertently bring your mouse across them they will drop down and not disappear immediately after you have crossed them. They then impede your view of the page. Depending on which menu directory you accidentally bring up determines the extent of page coverage.

It seems they are just too sensitive/responsive. ??

It is not a new issue from the big upgrade, but began happening about a month or so ago when you were doing some other background stuff.

Screenshot example -

post-564-144598536494_thumb.jpg

Well that is a smooth sliding menu which is featured on pretty much all modern websites. We may look into a making a very minor hover delay if it is possible.

If you do accidentally go over a menu and it expands, simply move your mouse away onto a part of the rest of the site and in under a second the menu will close.

Archived