QR National Share Offer

Genesis

Just put in an application in invest in the new QR National. At maximum price of $2.80 per share and no brokerage fees, its really quite a bargain. Will be interesting to see how much its worth once it starts floating in the market :whistle:

Anyone else here done the same?

/>https://qrnshareoffer.com.au/

No thanks.

Think it will go down a similar road to Telstra 3 or even Telstra 2 depending on how pessimistic you want to be. :whistle: There might be some small short term gains.

Think about what will happen when a mining super tax is introduced and or carbon outputs start getting taxed.

are you buying in glenn?

Yes buddy, I will be investing only in a small percentage and consider this as a long term investment..

Base on what I have read and seen so far, this is going to be a long-term investment because the QR infrastructure is still very much in development. They are building new tracks / expanding their network and it will be a while before they break even on their spending and actually start to make some solid profits for themselves and the investors. My personal prediction is that it will jump a couple of cents once it starts floating around on the exchange and might not worth the while to sell it short term, especially after paying out commission, etc.

In some ironic way, it almost seems like the government is encouraging the public to “buy back†what is rightfully every Queenslander’s in the first place. They probably have problem finding one buyer outright and decided that its easier to chop it up into tiny pieces and sell that off.

Minimum buy-in is at $2000 and every $100 thereafter. That’s already ¾ of one lot.

Glenn, you should hold off and buy on the open market. If they are selling at $2.80 and are earmarked to open at $3 (that's the talk around at the moment) then alot of people will be taking the small profit and running, so you'll be able to buy them for less. Look at Meyer's when they floated, same thing happened to them and took months to get back to Pre market buy in price. That's what I'm looking at doing.

If everyone is looking to make a quick $$ with the shares and wants to offload them, I cant see the price getting to $3.10 or $3.20, As said I think it will dive lower for quite a while.

No financial guru, but I am locking in term deposits every couple of months. You know what you have, you know how much you will get at the expiration date.

Archived