Somewhere to go?

JamesMac

Hey all,

I have been looking around and scoping out some dams lately wandering about fish in there, and was curious to whether or not anybody knew any freshwater incatchments around cleveland area (willing to travel around 15 minutes to half an hour)?. Also is braid better when in dams etc or nylon?

Thank You

-James :) :)

I do not think it matters in the dams if you use braid or nylon. Obviously if using braid use a leader so no diff when fishing. I personally like braid as u feel the bit better.

Give the dam at MT Cotton a go. Carp and Tilapia there. Remember to kill them. Also try Bulimba Creek around Capalaba, you will get the same species there as well.

Re the ponds at Mt Cotton there are no fishing signs there but I do not think that anyone enforces it. Tinned sweet corn for carp and tilapia will take anything but worms are good.

I think Ted means tingalpa creek below Leslie Harrison Dam. I dont know how you can access it but supposed to be plenty tilapia and the odd bass there. Will also be spangled perch there after the recent overflow of Leslie Harrison.

Not much freshwater fishing around Redlands apart from plenty of eels in farm dams if you are friends with any farmers.

Wish that they would open up Leslie Harrison.

Cheers

Ray

this is where I meant - I have not fished there but plenty of people have told me there are good carp there and Tilapia there

/>http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-27.499421,153.106756&ll=-27.499421,153.106756&z=16&t=h&nmd=20100912

agree with you ray - I always look at the dam as a drive past and think it would be a great place to fish. It is in your back yard. You would be torn then where to fish, your old faithful NPD or Leslie :P

Archived