Quick Coomera Trip

Scope

G'day all, Just thought I'd share a quick report from a recent trip to the coomera.

Rob (Zim man) and I decided it had been too long since we'd had a decent trip, and, after a few aborted attempts due to work and rain, we finally managed to get down there last Monday.

We arrived an hour or so before high tide as the darkness made way for the half-light just after dawn. Water visibility was fairly low due to an overcurrent of freshwater coming down from the weir, and we got off to a fairly slow start.

After an hour or so, a small trevally took a liking to Rob's Pontoon 21 crackjack while I began to face the prospect of a donut - the fish clearly not liking my plastics.After a few hits with no hook-ups, a decision was made to move further upstream in search of a few flathead, or possibly bream.

Rob was on first, with a flattie aggressively hitting his Damiki Mu: sp - so much so that it knocked one of the eyes out of the lure. :dry:

post-5732-144598540137_thumb.jpg

A close up of the lure

We soon located the flathead lurking around the shallow rockbars on the run out tide and it wasn't long till a slightly larger speciman grabbed my MU in phantom colour, swallowing the lure whole! :P

post-5732-144598540165_thumb.jpg

post-5732-144598540185_thumb.jpg

He ended up at about 500 on the brag mat :)

The rest of the session continued in this fashion with rob picking up a few more flathead around the same size of the first

post-5732-144598540203_thumb.jpg

We had to call it a day fairly early as both of us had to be back at work for the afternoon. Considering the conditions we were fairly happy with the amount of fish caught.

Thanks for reading - Jono

post-5732-144598540152_thumb.jpg

Archived