Fitted out and ready to catch fish !!!!

ozskippy

So after a lot of research and countless posts probably annoying the hell out of AFO members i have finally finished the fitout / upgrades to my boat. I am super happy with the result it rides so much more stable now with the front casting deck and full floor.. Would like 40 - 50hp to carry the extra weight of the electric &battery but it still gets along well. Thank you everybody that gave me advice and suggestions ..Just need to start catching some fish now to prove to the missus it was not a complete waste of money !!! Not sure why she cares i throw all the fish back anyway...

post-6323-144598548674_thumb.jpg

does look like it on the pic but the deck runs under the bow by about 200mm the anchor lives in the hole past that.I have that open area at the front of the platform that i stick that stuff in and there are two hatches on the platform itself. Only a sounder , GPS is definitely on the list.. just have to find some spots first... Was thinking about a hand held GPS might have to see peoples opinions first!!! lol

All up i did it over about 6 months just tinkering away when i had some time and money... the boat was usually always usable so is wasn't a bit issue with the time frame

cool, yeah the picture makes it look like it cuts off right as the bow cover starts.

mate i will tell you now don't bother with a handheld, they're very annoying when trying to navigate around. i splurged on 2 lowrance units HDS-5x and HDS-5m (sounder and gps respectively) and have them both attached to a frame similar to yours, side by side held by a ram mount to the gunnel.

it's quite nifty and does the job well, can swivel the units to face me when i'm up front too.

i don't really use the gps much in the river but definately good to have out in the bay and places like hervey bay as well

cheers

Dan

yeah i have mine on a ram bracket - furuno - so i can swivel it around to use with the electric up front... just trying to get the river sussed before i head to the bay s thats why GPS is on hold,, I need my first tready and a jewy then i can sleep at night.. I live bayside so i guess i shold give the bay a go but i have had no success whenever i when out there?? so i will stick to the iver for a bit i think.. keen to give he coomera a lash though

Archived