Fireline Vs Whiplash

MoparKevUk

So I'm down AmartSomeSports trying to buy a reel of FireLine 20lb to replace the braid lost somehwere at the BRC. I've got a $20 credit cos I'm a new "Member". No stock, but the fishoman recommendeds WhipLash (Berkeley) he gives me a feel, Mmmmmm! Hlf the size of Firekinwe abd 1/2th the thickeness! Any good??? Gonna doub;e me reel ampo0jt nthopugh. rh GoodNight!

Hey LazyBoy, thanks for the input. I use Fireline Crystal on me litte rod (6lb on a 1-3kg dropshot) and love it. Needed a replacement for my 20lb braid on my big rod which had 20lb fireline on it. The whiplash is way smaller on diameter and according to the bloke at Amart breaks at 40lb plus!!!! i lke the idea of the Whiplash being a smaller diameter for casting distance and less drag in the water meaning smaller sinkers. I will report back as no one seems to have heard of Whiplash..........;)

i have some 14lb on my medium rod and it has been on there for about a year now and its still stiff, and also it frays a lot, my other rod has 5lb power pro on it and its grate, no fraying, and its not stiff, i use it when using lures fshing from rock walls and jettys and it still has not frayed and i got it for $22 for 300m of ebay

Cheers Corey

Im not a big fan or fireline you really have to look after the stuff and fades colour to quick but i will be get a spool of whiplash for jigging as its so thin compared to the other lines. FIns is a decent braid had some on one of my O/H for a few years now and its constantly being used and hasnt lost colour or its strength also found some other great line althought its kind of a cheap brand its mojiko from anaconda paid $5 for 300m of 4lb and its been great for all my estuary fishing

i have 20 50 and 65 lb whiplash and am very happy with them all the 20 is very fthin and strong im deffinately geting more brian d tried the 50 and hated it he cept birdsnesting hit over head i had 65 and had no dramas he ended up giving me his 50 other than a few birdsnests was almost new and its done very well to

the colour fades out fairly quuickly and the green turns a grey colour which i quite like

it pulls up knots well just be carefull when tightening it is thin and will cut easy

the barra in my avatar was on 65lb whiplash

jason

• 2 weeks later...

Archived