North Pine Dam

Juddy64

Fishers,

This weekend im looking to go camping overnight friday night until saturday atnorth pine dam, just wondering if there were any tips of where to camp / fish we will only be from the shore.

Also, if there is anywhere in the area worth a look whether fresh or salt water in case the action is low.

Once again thanks guys, hopefully will do as well as some of the other people on here.

Juddy

Nearest legal camping is probably the rest area over the north pine river just before Petrie.(Wylie Park?) This is just a DMR road reserve with limited facilities. I would not leave any gear there, you can fish the river there if the tides are right at night. Had a good reputation for sharks when I was a kid, dunno what it is like now.

There also used to be an alright carvan park at Murrumba Downs on the corner of school and goodfellows, but dont know if it is still there.

There is another one on Old Gympie Road on the corner of Boundary rd, but it is a very rough park, I would not stay there.

There may be others I dont know about.

All of these options are a fair way from the dam, probably better off just heading out from home each day, unless you live a long way away.

Archived