Oct winner

Dinodadog

Thanks for the interest Dinodadog,

The Fish Of The Month and Report Of The Month winners have been posted on the front page for a little while.

This is the standard method of announcing the winners for these online competitions each month. Last months did however take a bit of extra time with the BRC falling on the first few dys of the month.

Regards

AFO

I think I will put a blank tape over my next entry and see how far that gets, come on admin fair is fair the 55cm entry should of won. What about the rest of you people out there do you think this comp was run by the rules set out. I have no animosity to any admin or participants I would just like to see a comp run by the rules that are set out for it.

I'm a stickler for rules. I'm sure the admin boys have upset a couple of members by being sticklers too.

My guess is with the BRC organisation and both Angus and Johnny moving house and being without internet for a period that they had a quick look and said "Yep, Jimmy's fish is 57 - it wins. Now What's the next thing on the list ?"

1st rule is "Don't destroy what you came to enjoy", so I'm happy to let this one pass considering all things. No sheep stations.

Not sure what that last post means - so did Kiwi get up? Kiwi and Jimmy are friends anyway so wouldnt really matter one way or another but Dino makes a valid point.. No sour grapes involved but if the rules are set out to say it needs to be a clear measurement as sometimes it comes down to mm's then Jimmy's cant fit that bill.. Quite obviously a unit fish but to fit with the rules you cant make out a single measurement from the photo so we're working on the honour system of taking peoples words for it.

Thanks for the patience while this was being worked out. There are several people involved in judging our monthly events so a check was done to see if anyone requested a higher resolution image emailed from Jimmy to ascertain the MM measurement. At this stage it looks like it wasnt.

In this case we concede the judgement was probably made in haste and with trust.

As we are not the business of retracting prizes, another prize will be organised for the new winner. Thanks for pointing this out as although the FOTM Competition is meant to be purely for a bit a fun, we do seek accuracy in these things.

The Team

AFO

Archived