Need a New Rod

Hey all i know there are some previous threads floating around but thought with new rods and fellow AFO"s getting new gear more often opinions would change so here goes : I had a Shimanow Jewel Rod in the 2-5kg with a Stradic 2500 reel but since the rod is now caput( snapped at the butt section before the first guide):( i will need to replace this with a simular type of rod am willing to part with up to $200 or so ....any ideas what would make a great rod for the reel and for flicking SP's/HB"s etc around..

Cheers all

AngryBundyBear

Hey mate, how did you bust the rod?

I got a shimano sahara combo in 2500 a couple of years ago, it has gone great guns for me, even with replacing the tip a time or two lol! It is good for lures 4gr and up to about 1/2 oz when spooled with 4-6lb. Goes for under $200 at BCF.

Hope this helps.

Ryan.

Plus 1 for a trion, or a berkley dropshot. I've got both of these plus a t-curve in your weight range if you wanna give one a test out ben?

Also, i think zim man still might have 1 or 2 of the angel x's left. They're an awesome rod too... They perform well above their price range (think it was around the 100 buck mark)

Jono

Cheers Ryan And Jono,

Have one of the Angel ex's in 1-3kg so looking for a 2-5, i did like the Shimano Jewel and went to test out the Kayak before the rain hit on Saturday as was fishing big bite result rod snapped..was using 4Lb Fins at the time as well .... really need to get out and have a fish with you guys soon...how do the T-Curves go Jono?

Next time you're in Kmart, take a look at the Tsunami Bullseye rods. I bought a 1 piece 6'4" high modulus 2-5kg spin rod with cork grips, shrouded reel seat and good quality guides for $60. I don't know how they do it for the price.

About a week before that I bought a Quantum Accurist for about 3 times the price and to be honest, there's not much difference between them.

They also make the same rod in a 7 foot for the same price and I intend to go back and get one. At $60 it doesn't hurt so much when ya slam it in the car door.

Archived