Casio Fishing Watch..thoughts?

goldnugget

The lovely missus bought me one of those digital moonphase fish phase watches (with 4 fishes that highlight when its meant to be the best time to fish) from the jewellers..I think I have it set correctly. But dont know yet how affective it is. I havent actually caught anything when the have been full, but have with a couple of fish either side of the four fish timeframe. Has anyone else had (or does) own one of these and your thoughts and experiences with them. Its pretty flash as far as features and very water safe which is a plus on its own (BTW she didnt pay full price...50 % sale store wide on watches ;) )

I've had these casio fishintime watches for over 10 years(onto my second now) and so has my old man and we find them to be reasonably accurate with regards to peak fishing periods etc. Make sure your lat and long settings are spot on though. They are very robust and time-accurate watches and i'm a big fan!! the sun up times are handy and the temp readout is only accurate if you take of the watch for 10-15mins

Thanks for your reply. I had a seting option for lat (from memory) which I set my location from B2B and then set my gmt time (which I guess sets the long). Its probably been a bit premature for me to look at basing a report on this watch yet as the conditions have been far from normal with flooding in the region but was curious what others thoughts have been.

Thanks again.

Archived