Boating Permit

Martin

mate i just renewed my permit and it has changed since last time. I'm pretty sure that you dont need to nominat the dams that you are going to fish. all it asked me was what dams would my payment go towards :laugh:

but you would have to ask somebody about north pine, i think they only give out so many permits for that dam each year or somthing.

In Queensland there is 2 types of permits for the fresh water impoundments.

First up there is a boating permit.

A boating permit is only required for certain lakes and this allows you to launch a boat on that particular lake.

Each of these lakes has its own permit system and does not cover other lakes.

You will need another permit for any lakes that you decide to use a boat on if a permit is required.

Unfortunately if you like to fish in a number of lakes this can get very expensive every year and is a shameful tax on rec boaters/fishers.

If permits are required it should be one permit to cover all lakes.

You will need to research every lake to see if a permit is needed and then find an outlet to buy one.

The second permit is a Stocked Impoundment Permit (SIP).

This is basically a fresh water fishing licence and the funds raised goes back into restocking certain lakes.

The permit is not required on some lakes but is on others so once again you will need to research each place you want to fish.

Once you have a permit your ok to fish anywhere so then you only need to find out if a boating permit is required.

Places like Hinze Dam,North Pine Dam,Wivenhoe and Somerset need a boating permit and a SIP and the boating permit cost varies from lake to lake.

Hi mate - Not all dams require a permit to boat on them. The ones I know of are all individual as in one for each dam. Somerset you can get a weekly and annual pass. NPD has its own boating access scheme which is $100 for a year but if you purchased one now it is around 6 months left. It is still good value though if you can get an esky full of redclaw each time you head out there.

Thanks guys for the info, should of stayed in the salt lol but a bit addicted to a good feed of red claw, have had access to a good spot off the bank at Summer set in the past but it is in the process of being sold so it looks like we will have to put the boat in the water in the future.

Archived