Smoking Drags Co. new model for 2011

nadders

Hi guys,

with fishing opportunities scarce of late, I have had ample time and opportunity to fine tune and complete the next vibe in Smoking Drags Co.s lineup.

During this period I have also worked on new colouring techniques and can unveil some multi-toned colours which are now ready for production and sale.

This lure is as yet un-named and is not ready for store release until new packaging arrives, but I am ready to take private orders for a limited amount of stock if anybody wishes to try. Will be selling at 15.00 unrigged with free postage up to 8 lures, or 17.50 rigged if you pick up direct from me.

One of the major reasons for the design was a number of requests for a more conventional tail, which provides continuity with the lure body, for those that were not inclined toward the synthetic tails of the threadybusters.

The weight and sink rate has been fine tuned for local conditions around the Bay and river, with the lure weighing 19g when rigged and displaying a strong vibration on the lift and an erratic fluttering action on the drop.

Here are some pics:

13025580.jpg

53910783.jpg

x11u.jpg

xbend.jpg

stretchj.jpg

You can use the mini colour-chart (photo 2) to order some of the new colours, or you can also request the new model in any of the 8 existing threadybuster colours including glow.

Please note the above is not an official colour chart and ultimately may change

thanks for reading!

Dan

Oh also Dan,

Whats the maximum depths you have fished these?

My question pertaining to the possibility of using these for say Snapper off shallow and deep tempests...

So shallow I assume no worries at roughly 60m but how would they fair in 80-90+?

Bare in mind I am aware the fish are often higher in the water column but I am just wanting to know if getting right down there within a realisting achievable time frame is possible? The appeal of trying this with your lures is simply their toughness. Fishing GULPS outside just seems like bait fishing sometimes with the ammount of plastic carnage :P

Angus

Thanks guys for the comments. Angus I have used them to around 30m depth, obviously current plays a big factor but I would say 60m is very optimistic and 90m out of the ballpark with the current 3 models. keep in mind they are under 3/4 of an ounce and do not sink as quickly as a 1oz jighead+plastic due to hydrodynamics- they are primarily intended as an inshore lure

However heavier models for applications like you have suggested will eventually be made (as well as lighter models on the other end of the spectrum)

an interesting anecdote though, a customer of mine told me that he fished a 16g threadybuster with a big sinker at the barwon banks and caught a few parrot with that rig..haha

perky, I am organising artwork for the packaging, then it will just require a quick printing run and will be ready for store release

thanks

Dan

Archived