Public Liability Insurance

aussie123

Hi Guys.

Does anyone know of any insurance companies that specialize in public liability insurance for once off functions.

A small group of us has got together to organize and run a charity aquarium fish auction on the 14th of May for the local scout groups and other charities that need a financial hand from time to time.

We are going to need public liability coverage for the evening in case anything happens so if anyone here is in insurance or knows of any contacts that may be able to help or offer any advice please pm me and let me know.

Thanks

Lance.

if the scouts or one of the other groups let you use their den/hall and run it under their banners their PL insurance should cover that.

From experience with junior sport trying to get PL cover for a one off, fundraising events away from club grounds,the premium cost quoted and expected amount of money raised just wasn`t viable.

Also not sure if you still have to get permits to run auctions/raffles etc

How would an Ebay auction go,more people bidding,and can run it for a longer period.

Hi Taib and Gad

I will give those 2 a call this week and see what options they offer.

We cannot use the scouts insurance as it is not an official scouts function and the scout halls are way to small for us.

If all goes well we should see 300 to 400 people through for the night.

Ebay is no good as they do not allow livestock to be sold on Ebay Australia.

Thanks

Lance

Hi Taib and Gad

I will give those 2 a call this week and see what options they offer.

We cannot use the scouts insurance as it is not an official scouts function and the scout halls are way to small for us.

If all goes well we should see 300 to 400 people through for the night.

Ebay is no good as they do not allow livestock to be sold on Ebay Australia.Thanks

Lance

cheers..a taxidermist would solve that minor hic-up :pinch: :lol: :lol:

Archived