birthday beacon bashing v 2.0

nadders

was my good mates b'day on st patricks day, and he's been wanting to head out for a fish for a long time so decided to take advantage of the weather and his day off and head to moreton for the day.

light westerly in the morning filled me with confidence for a great day, soon as the sun was somewhat up the bay got better and better until it reached complete glass-off status.

we hit a few beacons and came up with some doggies, kept 7, released a couple, pulled hooks on a couple and got busted on the beacons once or twice.

got a shot at a big longtail solo working a patch but no take, didn't find many more tuna just a few scattered patches of mactuna. Hooked one up on a redhead 80mm threadybuster but embarrasingly my braid got tangled on the electric while in stowed position and cut on a sharp edge :(

biggest doggy went 73 with the rest between 60 and 65cm and old mate was stoked with his bday trip

thanks to wes for the thread title :P

p3180923.jpg

p3180924.jpg

p3180928.jpg

p3180929.jpg

p3180931.jpg

p3180932.jpg

p3180933.jpg

cheers

Dan

was my good mates b'day on st patricks day, and he's been wanting to head out for a fish for a long time so decided to take advantage of the weather and his day off and head to moreton for the day.

light westerly in the morning filled me with confidence for a great day, soon as the sun was somewhat up the bay got better and better until it reached complete glass-off status.

we hit a few beacons and came up with some doggies, kept 7, released a couple, pulled hooks on a couple and got busted on the beacons once or twice.

got a shot at a big longtail solo working a patch but no take, didn't find many more tuna just a few scattered patches of mactuna. Hooked one up on a redhead 80mm threadybuster but embarrasingly my braid got tangled on the electric while in stowed position and cut on a sharp edge :(

biggest doggy went 73 with the rest between 60 and 65cm and old mate was stoked with his bday trip

thanks to wes for the thread title :P

p3180923.jpg

p3180924.jpg

p3180928.jpg

p3180929.jpg

p3180931.jpg

p3180932.jpg

p3180933.jpg

cheers

Dan

hahaha nice day out, i wish i had my camera to get the pics of the glass out! its cool about the thread theft i will accept a lure for it ;):lol: :lol:

Archived