tilapia madness

Enormoss

how cool, they are such good fun to catch and you get to stab them in the head when they land. Yahooo.

If you were allowed to eat then, I hear, they taste good too. :whistle:

Forgive my ignorance but are you not allowed to eat them? Is this one of those cases where you have to bury everything??

Cheers - Jono

how cool, they are such good fun to catch and you get to stab them in the head when they land. Yahooo.

If you were allowed to eat then, I hear, they taste good too. :whistle:

Forgive my ignorance but are you not allowed to eat them? Is this one of those cases where you have to bury everything??

Cheers - Jono

Great stuff - some good sized fish there. I have also heard the taste ok :whistle: A stupid rule anyway. well done mate

yea thanks all.:P and no i dont eat em i use em as fertilizer:evil: lol i caught em on earthworms under a float with abot 20 cm trace down to a small as sinker and a tiny long shank hook with the barbs flattened on the hooks incase of bycatch like turtles, i was fishing behind the stage and only casting about a foot or two past the lilly pads. and bang pretty well instant every time, the hardest part is getting em back past the lilly pads, i must of pulled the hook on half a dozen, they seem to have soft mouths and the lillys dont help. all in all it was my first time and i cant belive how ezy it was, there must be thousands there, heaps of fun and i am deffiently gunna be doin it again and again:cheer:

just been and googled talapia and there is alot of sites on eating them, just wondering if any one has or knows of any one that has eatin them,i wouldnt dare, just wondering,lol, and another thing, dpi site says it is illegall to have in your possesion alive or dead fish, wat are ya supposed to do then?? i am going back 4 another cull in the next couple of days. cheers

just been and googled talapia and there is alot of sites on eating them, just wondering if any one has or knows of any one that has eatin them,i wouldnt dare, just wondering,lol, and another thing, dpi site says it is illegall to have in your possesion alive or dead fish, wat are ya supposed to do then?? i am going back 4 another cull in the next couple of days. cheers

ive eaten them they arn't half bad, and concidering my cooking skills thats really saying something :P. also had them in Uganda (africa), they were smoked and they were real good with mushroom sauce

mate I used to eat them regularly 20 years ago when I was a student. They are pretty good. Make sure you put them on ice and skin them. They fillet up pretty good to. The rules are you are suppose to kill them and bury them above the waterline on the bank (which you can not do at most places) or put them in the nearest bin. This is stupid i reckon as why should some poor Council worker have to deal with rotten fish. If we did that fishing at these sites would be banned quick smart. I reckon what you are doing is correct. ( not legal under the current rules but the best practice). When I catch them at North Pine Dam I am not able to bury them on the bank (SEQwater rules) and I am not able to put them in th bin so I kill them and take them home put them in the bin on bin day. The rule is stupid and I reckon they would have a world of bad press if the tried to fine someone for doing the right thing.

Archived