Friday Morning Rainbow Trout

Nitris

Went down the road this morning to give the headcam a test and hopefully catch a few trout. Got out about 8am, didn't take long to get some hits. Using my 1-4kg raider II rod with 2500 daiwa reel loaded with 2 pound braid. Used a gold colour spinner, seamed to do the trick. I reckon that u get less hookups with spinners compared to sx-40's or little jazz rock fish blades.

post-3112-14459858992_thumb.jpg

This is the guy that did the damage today it weighs 2g.

missed a few fish but landed 2. I didn't stay out for long maybe one hour in total. I'm consistently catching trout down the road now. Normally they always more then likely seam to be brown trout. But the last few times i have gone out I'm catching rainbow 3 to 1 brown.

Made a short vid on youtube with the headcam B) there is some poor commentary there for whoever wants to watch it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vABYBLzPgWU&feature=youtube_gdata

post-3112-14459858993_thumb.jpg

post-3112-14459858994_thumb.jpg

hahaha yeh the mic is very sensitive.. gets u breathing the thin alpine air :silly: . mine is also attached to my sunglasses. I thought i had it right when i tested it at home, but the proof is in the pudding. I can change the angle so will get onto that.. and will all be sorted next time. Im currently re-uploading the vid with fixed subtitles and better colour. :woohoo: takes a while to up load 500meg though.

ahaha yeh the cleves? or what ever the #$#%^&$ u call it :ohmy: the thing the spinner spins on.

thats look like heaps of fun mate! be sure to bring that head cam out to chase fish in the jungle when u get back to QLD!!

nice work man!

count me in james :cheer:

and im sure planetfonz will be in for it :woohoo:

wooty woot woot :woohoo:

Archived