Hobie kayak

Saffa

Hi there can anyone give me some advice on hobie kayaks? I am thinking of getting an mirage drive yak and the pro fish one looks great. Has anyone got one of these, are they any good and how much do they go for? Would like to go out on the bay with the yak.

few guys over on AKFF reckon they're better offshore than the outbacks are, in terms of handling swell/rough conditions....

I really like them, but man they are a BIG rig ! they weigh about 70kgs fully rigged!

Pretty exxy as well, will run you $3.5K

....and jump on KFDU or AKFF websites for heaps of advice and discussion on the merits of all kinds of yaks including Hobies. Some people love them, others not.

I've got a Hobie and would find it hard to go to a traditional paddle yak, but it can come down to dollars as they are pretty expensive. 2nd hand may be a option, but make sure you try before you buy.

rod

Thanks for the info guys. I will make a plan to get to the factory under the gateway bridge and see what they have on offer. I used to have a hobbie outback but it did not have the mirrage drive on it. Really liked it and gutted that I sold it. Thats why I'm interested in getting another one. I have a tinny but to be honest I prefer going out on a kayak.

do you mean a Pro Angler ? the really big one ?

proanglerprofiles.jpg

:ohmy: I priced this same Hobie in a place in Southport and it costs $3200.00 :blink: :pinch: hurt the bank :dry: :)

Yea as you guys say they are pretty pricey and when you deck them out with fishfinders ect one will be looking at big dollars.

Yea but if you have the $$$$$ looks good for stalking fish :)

Nice set up

Archived