AFO Big Brekky Atomica Restaurant West End 29/5/11

rayke1938

AFO members and family are invited to the inaugural AFO Brekky to be held at AFO member Dansike's Atomica Restaurant at 3/173 Boundary Street West End.

Commencing at 8am and finishing at 10 am as Dan will need the tables after 10am.

Dan has been very supportive of the site and it would be great to see members to return the favour.

Seating is limited to 20 persons so first in best dressed.!8 seats left.

Please indicate your intention to attend by COB Wednesday.

I have created an event for this also. http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/83-afo-big-breakfast-at-atomica-restaurant

Cheers

Ray

Edit 26/5/11 0709.

Attendees

Ray & Judy

Tai and Alicia

Angus and Tanya

Sorry we will be missing out on the appearance of the Panda has another zoo to go to.

Kiara ( Adrian)

Scope ( Jono )

Raechel And Jon.

Lisbeth and Baden

Doobsy and Bec.

Possible Jords.

5 seats left.

I'd be keen for this if there's any room left Ray, where do we rsvp to mate?

Jono

I will keep tabs here.

How many people?

Cheers

Ray

May advice (based on previous tallying efforts) is to edit your first post with a list of attendee's at the bottom.

Easy way for an organiser to keep track of the event and for others to see who/how many are coming.

Angus

So is there a dress code?

Smart Casual?

Formal?

Cocktail?

Boardies and thongs? :P

Angus

I'll be wearing a smart frock, nothing fussy just something I can feel comfortable in. Or I may just wear my smelly fishing gear, like I always do on the week-ends.

Copy of a review i found sorry photos didnt come across . Only found positive reviews so reckon it will be great.

breakfast, casual, coffee, food and wine, price, restaurants and cafes, suburbs, under $20, west end

HOT: Atomica Eat Drink, 173 Boundary St, West End.

By CazM â‹… July 12, 2010 â‹… Post a comment

Filed Under australia, blogsherpa, brisbane, pacific, queensland

There’s a range of venues to choose from in the West End precinct for a late Saturday breakfast and Atomica has always been one to serve consistently sound and reasonably priced food. My most recent visit was no exception.

MM and I have a pretty standard routine of getting to the markets nice and early on a Saturday morning and always look forward to a smoothie from Fat Carrot on our way home. We were a little hungrier than normal on this day however so we walked past the usual stop and headed to Atomica for something more substantial.

Atomica is always bursting at the seams on the weekends, which I guess is an instant sign that they do pretty good food. Almost all of the tables were occupied and we were lucky to get a seat. Despite the crowd, we were attended to quickly – we ordered a couple of cappuccinos straight up and took some time to glance over the menu.

MM chose poached eggs with bacon, toasted ciabatta and tomato relish (~$13). The generous serve of bacon was nice and crispy with most of the fat trimmed. The two poached eggs were cooked perfectly with the right amount of goo factor. The tomato relish looked home made and rich in flavour, but MM didn’t seem too interested.

My selection was the eggs benedict with bacon and baby spinach on toasted Turkish bread (~$15). The serving was huge (to match my hunger!), with three poached eggs and a stack of crispy bacon atop two lightly toasted pieces of Turkish. The hollandaise sauce was lovely and creamy and didn’t drown the whole dish, but just covered it perfectly. Once again, the eggs were perfect.

I chased my meal down with a chocolate milkshake, while MM tried another hit of caffeine. Extra brownie points to Atomica for serving the milkshake in the stainless steal cup – the way it should be.

These guys really do a great job with food and service and turn over a lot of business on the weekends, without losing their cool. It’s narrow, pokey and not the fanciest joint in town, but you can settle in with a paper or pay a fleeting visit and the outcome is generally the same – a full belly and pleasant experience at a reasonable price.

•Atomica Eat Drink, 173 Boundary St, West End, +61 7 3844 0333

Ray

Edit 26/5/11 0709.

Attendees

Ray & Judy

Tai and Alicia

Angus and Tanya

Sorry we will be missing out on the appearance of the Panda has another zoo to go to.

Kiara ( Adrian)

Scope ( Jono )

Raechel And Jon.

Lisbeth and Baden

Doobsy and Bec.

Jords and Charly

4 seats left.

Cheers

Ray

Here is the menu for you to peruse.

Swiss-style Bircher muesli w/ fresh fruit 12.90

Buttermilk Pancakes w/ 100% pure maple syrup and ice-cream 10.90

w/ caramelised banana and ice-cream 10.90

Lamb and Rosemary Sausages w/ poached eggs, bubble and squeak, swiss brown mushroom, minted onion jus, and toasted sourdough 15.50

Omelette (2 eggs) w/ roasted cherry tomatoes and Meredith Dairy Goat’s Cheese,

w/ toasted sourdough 12.90

Eggs Benedict w/ sautéed spinach and hollandaise sauce on toasted Panini

w/ leg ham 14.50

w/ Smoked Salmon 15.50

w/ avocado 14.50

Free-range Eggs, toasted sourdough w/ roasted tomato jam 6.90

Free-range Eggs and Bacon, toasted sourdough w/ roasted tomato jam 9.90

Toasted Sourdough or Turkish Bread w/ raspberry preserve 4.50

Toasted Fruit Bread w/ ricotta and honey 6.50

Herbed Scrambled Tofu w/ spinach and toasted sourdough 11.90

Avocado and tomato on toasted sourdough w/ basil oil 9.90

Vego Breakfast – Garlic roasted swiss brown mushrooms, spinach, grilled tomato, bubble & squeak, and toasted sourdough 11.90

w/ eggs add 3.50

Breakfast – bacon, eggs, sausage, swiss brown mushroom, roasted tomato, and bubble & squeak w/ tomato jam and toasted sourdough 16.90

Extras

Tomato Jam 1.00

100% Pure Maple Syrup 2.50

Free-range eggs ; roasted tomato; sautéed baby spinach;

Plus this week I have a special of Organic Beef sausages, and double smoked bacon "steak" (and some other things.) It's a cracker!

Going to have to pull out :(. Did some unintentional off roading in my sedan last night and got jammed up on some rocks, had to get racq to pull me off, the bloke there warned me not to drive my car as he thinks I could have damaged the underside of the car. Really sorry was looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Archived