An update of the last month

Howie

Well I have been very busy with uni and work over the last few weeks so I think it;s time for a fishing/boating update :cheer:

Well around a month ago fishing the pin with stinkyibis, we hit up the usual spots of weedbeds, sand bars and drop offs. Not a bad days fishing with a lot of small bream and some larger ones to 29c(fork) all on plastics and blades. I got a large flahead on a sx40 measuring 68cm. Quite lucky to land him on 6lb fluoro whe he swallowed the small lure down his gob.

post-7930-144598625888_thumb.jpg

post-7930-144598625894_thumb.jpg

post-7930-144598625897_thumb.jpg

Few weeks later I took my non fishing brother out for a go. He was more keen on the boat ride itself then the fishing but he wanted to give SP's a go. He did well and with a lil coaching got a small flathead and flounder...Sorry the pics terrible, rushed it a bit :P

post-7930-1445986259_thumb.jpg

That same day working along a rock wall I got my PB bream on a SP measuring just over 30cm to the fork. Not a huge fish but put up a solid fight on 4lb FC rock.

post-7930-144598625903_thumb.jpg

I also did some work to the boat. Got a new stainless prop and finally got the bow modified with a mounting plate for the watersnake leccy. She's all good to go now, wiring is neat and tidy.

post-7930-144598625906_thumb.jpg

post-7930-14459862591_thumb.jpg

post-7930-144598625913_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading, tight lines

Howie

Beautiful fish that lizard, I was calling it for around 50cm then it got closer to the boat and kept growing in size :D

Haha yea it does help having the prop on :P although prevents accidents for the time being.

Boats coming along nicely I'm very happy with it. Keen to try new places around the Goldie, morteon bay and brizzy river.

Howie

It's a 2006 2str yamaha 30hp-CV. Not entirely sure about what the CV part is possibly just a model?

My girlfriends brother is an apprentice marine technician or something and his boss asked if I could trial the new prop for him. So I haven't bought it yet but we'll see how it performs. It's no bigger then the original but the stainless is a stronger metal then the original so apparently it'll have better handling a little more speed.

Howie

Archived