Bremer river sharks?

snick

Howdy gents, just wondering what my chances are of tangeling with a shark in the bremer river at the moment?

Would it be to cold or would they be in there year-round?

P.S I have been told that live catfish are a good bait, any truth to that?

May still give it a go tonight if I get the chance, only live a few hundred meters from the river, would be neat to have a half way decent spot only a few minutes walk away.

used to live at another place not far from here when I was younger, put in a set line and when I got back to it a catty had knotted it's self into some fallen timber, the bugger had been bitten in half by what was clearly a shark. Kept meaning to get down and try for the shark but never got around to it.

if you are going to try for shark, pick the hottest possible day in winter (maybe only 20 degrees but better than 15) And balloon your bait, as the sharks will hang around the surface (as it's much warmer) just a suggestion anyway.............. :cheer:

never thought about it that way, thanks for the advice. the river if fairly narrow there, no more than 50m bank to bank. There are also a handful of mounds in the mud, exposed on the low tide. they are covered with holes arpox 2" accross. Any ideas what they may be?

Archived