Fourby Forum Recommendation

raven

Hello all... I'm looking for advice and/or recommendation on a good 4WD forum to join.

Recent fourby convert and I'm looking for advice on day trips around my local area (Lockyer Valley) - nothing too hardcore at this stage just easy day trip stuff.

Cheers.

I used to frequent Outerlimits4x4.com.au for a long time but haven't been bothered for a few years now. I have heard that nissan.com.au is a good one.

What sort of fourby did you get?

Cheers mate - yeah, got me an 07 Pajero VR-X 3.2L TD - bloody awesome machine, took it out on a course at Mt Cotton on Monday, just amazing what these things will eat up.

i also inhabit outerlimits although havnt for a while as fishing has taken over.....now i love my fourbie for its towing ability!

when you say mount cotton was that the couple of tracks next to the driver training centre?

Nah, in the complex itself - my father-in-law conveniently runs 4WD courses out of there and there was a spat spot so I jumped on in.

No forum recommendations but I recommend you get this book -
/>http://www.dirtyweekends.com.au/

Dirty Weekends in Southeast Qld

Funny you mention - that's what popped into my head today as a possible resource. Tried grabbing a copy this afternoon actually but apparently you need to go to either Toowoomba or Ipswich to find a bookstore because they just don't roll that way here in Laidley...

there are some top tracks and plenty of them down at ormeau......everything from your mud pits to your extreme rock crawling up the river bed to your big loose rubble hill climbs....i have had many a great day down there rompin around.

but if the cops pull u up on the way out just say you were in there working at the quarry.

i said that but they pulled my mate up and he was honest and he got fined.

When I had my pajero I spent a lot of time on the 4wd action forum and Pajero club of Victoria forum, just google them. Lots of knowledge on the pajero forum (and there not all Victorians on there) and 4wd action are good for local meetups and have plenty of users so there's always something to talk about.

Thanks all! Have signed up to 4WD Action - still waiting on join request to approve but did a quick search on their forum and I can already see a recent discussion involving a Laidley local - so fairly confident I'll be able to extract some local knowledge from that forum.

Thanks for that guys - and if anyone here can suggest in the meantime a mild 4WD day trip option within the Lockyer Valley area that would be tops. Will also order a copy of that Dirty Weekends guide - looks to be the stuff.

Cheers.

Thanks all! Have signed up to 4WD Action - still waiting on join request to approve but did a quick search on their forum and I can already see a recent discussion involving a Laidley local - so fairly confident I'll be able to extract some local knowledge from that forum.

Thanks for that guys - and if anyone here can suggest in the meantime a mild 4WD day trip option within the Lockyer Valley area that would be tops. Will also order a copy of that Dirty Weekends guide - looks to be the stuff.

Cheers.

lockyer state forest was a good track , not sure if it is still open . go in off gatton-esk road about 8 k's from the warrego on kruegers road

can get dicey if its wet , clay road and big ass drops on the side

/>http://www.4x4earth.com.au/tracks.html?site=985_Lockyer-State-Forest

lockyer state forest was a good track , not sure if it is still open . go in off gatton-esk road about 8 k's from the warrego on kruegers road

can get dicey if its wet , clay road and big ass drops on the side

/>http://www.4x4earth.com.au/tracks.html?site=985_Lockyer-State-Forest

Archived