Somerset Trip

Lozzel

still catch them they actually school up deeper and sit near the bottom which some times makes them easier to target but the bass have been a bit of hit and miss lately I've seen them black out my sounder and have thrown everything in my tackle box at them and they wont touch it'you can try casting spinnerbaits or jackalls to the banks in the morning sometimes the big bass move in to the warmer water of the the shallows.

Lozzel wrote:

Syu; never fished there. Went for a drive the other day toyhe Spit, will put in there . there is a steep bank on the othetr side will try there first.

Where is bream ck ??

the steep bank is a good place to start but it is always worth trolling along the river bed of the dam coming off and on it looking for schooled bass sometimes they will be schooled on the flats not far from the river bed.Beams creek is the other side of the spit away from the dam wall there is the first bay which is worth a look across from the hump then keep going to the next bay you will see a creek to your left thats beams creek check around there or keep going up the dam to pelican point it's worth a look to. It's better to spend some time looking for schooled bass once you find them you could get some cricket score catches if your lucky:)

Post edited by: STU, at: 2007/06/07 19:31

Archived