Recent Convert

raven

Well, with thanks to AngryBundyBear, I am now the proud new owner of a Viking Espri :cheer:

Know bugger all about fishing from a kayak but I'm keen to get it in the water this weekend. If anyone is planning on being out and about this weekend (weather permitting) I'd be keen to tag along.

Cheers.

Mate i'm out every weekend yakking somewhere , location depends on the weather. Where are you based and where are you keen to kayak?

Cheers

Mark

Well I'm based in Laidley but moreso keen to fish the saltwater - actually keen to try the Bris River up around the poo shute.

LEASH YOUR RODS, especially when trolling, I've already lost one in just a matter of months :(

agreed.. after losing 3 in total, due to flipping the yak and dodgy rod holders, it's occured to me that

maybe, I should attach leashes. :pinch:

Mate i'm out every weekend yakking somewhere , location depends on the weather. Where are you based and where are you keen to kayak?

Cheers

Mark

Well I'm based in Laidley but moreso keen to fish the saltwater - actually keen to try the Bris River up around the poo shute.

If you're new to yakking the poo chute wouldn't be the best of spots due to current and boat activity but i'm sure something can be figured out before the weekend.

Cheers

Mark

LEASH YOUR RODS, especially when trolling, I've already lost one in just a matter of months :(

agreed.. after losing 3 in total, due to flipping the yak and dodgy rod holders, it's occured to me that

maybe, I should attach leashes. :pinch:

Yeah don't have issues with rods with longer continuous buts, but lost one split grip and nearly a second, they don't seem to sit in the holders as well

Queens Beach at Redcliffe is going well around the Reefs. lots of pike, small Squire, Whiting and Flathead. A bit of current but not too squally and drifting with a SP bouncing on the bottom is getting me a feed. lots of other Fishing Kayakers around the area every weekend for advise and a chat.

• 4 weeks later...

Hoping to finally christen the yak this Sunday. Any suggestions on where to head for the maiden voyage? Happy to try anywhere from Scarborough to Wello Point.

Also, is it worth having an anchor? I've picked up a couple of bits and pieces including one of those inflatable life jackets (and some leashes!) but any suggestions on other essential or useful equipment to consider would be appreciated.

Cheers

On reflection, I'm kinda thinking that it may be a reasonably intelligent thing to perhaps give it a run in calm waters first given I've never actually driven one of these things before... Might take it to Lake Dywer instead near my joint and just get used to it a bit.

Archived