Home made lures &poppers

big al

awesome stuff wish i had a lathe to make a few what you making them out of ??
good old and well aged queensland pine that ive had for about 30 years. nice straight grain in the timber , :woohoo: go qld :cheer: al 2nd photo bottom green one caught my pb bass at b/w on it. haven,t used any others .that was my first made

Nice work man! just a few hey? youve been bloody busy, how long does it take you to make a lure?
roughly 1-2 hrs to turn -sand-fit bib -hook holders .all depends on shape and size..painting thats a different story.had quite a few stuff ups at first. as you paint one colour let it dry and same for each other colour. then spray with clear gloss sealer . then fit split rings & hooks takes a bit of time from start to finish:cheer:al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ahahaha ive made some with my gdad but we did it the old hard way with a plainer and sand paper ahahaha, they look really good tho

cheers ryan

i started doing it all by hand arggggggggggg to bloody hard hey easy with a lathe & linser & scroll saw easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyer :cheer: al

ahahaha ive made some with my gdad but we did it the old hard way with a plainer and sand paper ahahaha, they look really good tho

cheers ryan

i started doing it all by hand arggggggggggg to bloody hard hey easy with a lathe & linser & scroll saw easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyer :cheer: al

ahaha i bet it would be

cheers ryan

do you give lessons haha. they look really good, do you make it up as you go or go off lures you like or the shape. I love that red and white popper that would go well on queenies up north. Also where do you get your bibs from?
make them up as i go just try drifferent shapes and colours..now just have to try them all ..as said caught 3 bass on the green one 2nd photos bottom green one :cheer: al ---bibs get them lazer cut at work very cheeeeeep just supply materials

nice collection of lures made there B) has got me keen to get the tools to do some for my self again... :)
yer wesfish its good when you catch a fish on one you made yourself yey ..wouldnt mind seeing photos of the YOWIE lures made by dough oneil up there in kilkoy i here there really good for sommerset dam :cheer: al

nice collection of lures made there B) has got me keen to get the tools to do some for my self again... :)
yer wesfish its good when you catch a fish on one you made yourself yey ..wouldnt mind seeing photos of the YOWIE lures made by dough oneil up there in kilkoy i here there really good for sommerset dam :cheer: al
i like experimenting with different body shapes as well, still got a few of my own from a few years back and they still consistently catch fish..

Archived