baroon pocket 26/7

rayke1938

Went to Baroon Pocket with 3 mates in 2 boats this am.

Arrived at 6.45 and luckly the ranger had the gate open.

I went upstream to look for fish we saw on the sounder on sunday.

Tried along the steep bank on the lhs above the powerlines and no fish on the sounder. Found some on a couple of points and tried with soft plastics and small redclaw ( purchased from petsuperstore at capalaba. I usally use saltwater yabbies but it was raining yesterday my next choice is shrimp from the superstore but they were out of stock but at least with the redclaw the spangled perch dont like them)

About 8 am switched over to trolling hard bodieds and nailed 5 bass in about 20ft.

Then went looking for mate and found him trolling hard bodied mlures in about 20= 25ft of waten on bump in front of yellow windsock in front of rangers sheds. He had caught 6 and had tried with fly rod and got several hits but no hookups.

Only one fish went legal (31cm and released) between all of us. Knocked off about 11am.

Had a good day - beats working and the bonus is that Johnny Howard pays us not to.

Dave

I have spoken to Ian and he says he uses a vampire that is similar to a crazy charly but tied with a small red head,black body,black and purple wing with a touch of sparkle tied on a no1 or 1o hook. very similar to a flathead fly but dirrerent colours. hope this helps you as i am totaly ignorant re fly fishing. If you like i can give you Ians phone number he lives at kipparing and is a very keen fly fishaman and he said he would be happy to talk to you.

ray

Archived