Bribie Jetty 2/8/11

hulk

Hi All,

Had a couple of hours spare yesterday morning so decided to head to Bribie Jetty as it had been some time since I had fished there. Got there about 7.30am. Bait of choice was squid,prawns and mullet. Quickly onto a small moses perch then followed by a couple of smaller bream. After this got a keeper bream of 25cm but threw him back for another day. The fella fishing behind me then pulled in a nice bream of 35cm using servo prawns.

The tide turned and began to come back in bringing in the dreaded weed with it. I got a hit shortly after and pulled in a 40cm Jew which surprised me as I don't catch these often.Not long after this at 10.30 am , I called it quits as I had other things I had to do.

All in all I picked up about 8 or so bream, a moses perch and the jew with all but two undersize and sent on their way for another day.Most productive bait for me was the mullet.No photos of note. Also I can see why the fishing would be annoying if using lures there due to he weed. It was pretty thick and fast on the run in tide.

Good to hear there are some Jew around there, but a shame aboutrhe weed. I haven't been up there for about 3 months after having a shocker with the weed, shame to hear it's still around. I used to go to the jetty a fair bit before getting a boat, is the same bloke there every day keeping all the undersized fish he catches?

There wasn't anyone there I recognised but the fella behind me was telling me he had some kicking practice due to undersize fish having been kept recently.He also mentioned a couple of nights earlier there was a pretty large jew caught from the jetty too.

Archived