Williamson Jet Poppers

tikki169

Looking these recently and have seen great things on shows for GT but that can be weeks of filming shoved into a 30 min show. Has anyone actually used these and what kind of success.

They seem to cast well and track well through the water but that's from video I've seen from the manufacturer so who really knows till you use one.

They're a darn sight cheaper than some of the high end popper out there.

Any info is appreciated.

This is my understanding:

All poppers work providing they make a splash when you retrieve them.

Expensive poppers are more durable. i.e. will last more encounters with fish and won't fall to pieces when smashed by a massive fish.

Cheaper wooden poppers will become water logged sooner as the finish will break down quicker and will become unusable.

Cheaper poppers aren't made with as heavy wire/other components meaning you will get owned by a 30kg+ gt.

This is my understanding:

All poppers work providing they make a splash when you retrieve them.

Expensive poppers are more durable. i.e. will last more encounters with fish and won't fall to pieces when smashed by a massive fish.

Cheaper wooden poppers will become water logged sooner as the finish will break down quicker and will become unusable.

Cheaper poppers aren't made with as heavy wire/other components meaning you will get owned by a 30kg+ gt.

Had a look at the WIlliamson ones today and they are made well, have good hooks out the box, will change them anyway and each point has a swivel rather tan just wire. I'll have a look at a few other but will probably be getting a couple of these.

Cheers

Archived