Report from last week and the week before.

beckenry

Good day guys,

Went to shorncliffe areas last week and the week before, was kind busy so did not have time to upload the report.

I am surprised by the power of ganged hooks, apart from that little snapper, all of them are hooked by ganged ones.

Last friday was especially good, the wind was really strong but somehow I was lucky that day. Met a school of tailors, in that short 2 mins, I hooked a good sized one around 45+ there. I was so happy cause it was my pb. When i was pulling the hook out and talk to my friend, the other lady around shouted out, you are on again, and it turned out to be a tailor goes 50+ ( My ruler only goes to 40cm, I will make sure next time bring a larger one).

That was the best 2 mins in my entire fishing life.

Here are the pics:

post-8961-144598675708_thumb.jpg

post-8961-144598675719_thumb.jpg

post-8961-144598675729_thumb.jpg

post-8961-144598675738_thumb.jpg

PS: I am planning to visit tangalooma and Straddie island next few weeks, could anyone tell me any good options? What sorts of fish i can expect?

Good fishing

Cheers,

Nice fish there mate.

As far as options go at tangalooma, the jetty out the front of the resort can turn up everything from whiting and bream to tuna and kingies. Well worth a look.

On straddy the rocks at pt lookout and around the jetties/pylons at dunwich are two very good areas to start.

In well fished areas such as these, pays to keep tackle as light as possible to avoid spooking the fish.

Good luck!

Good to see some mackerel starting to turn up! School mackerel (the type you caught) will start turning up in better numbers now right through to the start of winter. The mackerel fishing really hots up closer to Christmas when schools of Spotted mackerel turn up

Cant wait! I can almost hear the sweet sound of a double hookup of spotties flapping around on the tinny floor!

Archived