Fishing the goldy.

btke70

Hey guys,

So me and a mate have made plans to head south of redcliffe on tuesday or wednesday to go and fish around the goldy. Only problem here is, neither of us have no bloody clue as to where to go fishing. Was thinking around tweed and currumbin. We are only land based and would prefer a jetty or a pontoon of sorts, even a rock wall. We will be using fresh mullet, pike and most likely be flicking some plastics around.

Ideas on where to go and what to expect would be brilliant!

Thanks lads ;)

Been very windy all through the night and is still blowing a gail now.

You can always find a spot out of the wind but it just narrows down your options.

I havnt looked at the wind report so cant tell you when it will drop.

Check seabreeze ;) Seaway wall and jetty are always a good starting point but would give them a miss if windy

Thanks for all the info guys, if its still blowin up like this i might just have to wait til a later date. how hard is it to get the fishing permit down there? Is it just a $20 a year thing?

If you're only planning on fishing the Tweed river you can get a yearly one for $11, but that only covers you for Tweed.

For the Tweed you can get a 3 day (Tweed only) permit from the tackle shop, Anglers Warehouse I think its called from memory. It only costs a few bucks.

Used to fish the Tweed a lot when I lived in Bris a long time ago so my info is very outdated, but in September used to get a lot of jacks and trevally under Barneys Point bridge on the north side, on the flood tide. You would probably be sheltered from the wind there too. Live herring are the go and you can jig some from the fishing platform on the south side of the bridge. Seems to be a lot of flathead at that fishing platform too on plastics. On the ebb used to regularly get BIG flathead on the downtide side of Boyds bay bridge, once again on live herring, and you should be sheltered there too.

Archived