looking at a landcruiser 100 series

blockah

Hey mate

I Own a 98 100 series which has been converted to gas with a scuba setup 2x 40 litre gas Tanks.

A lot of poeple told me it would be thirsty,To be honest its. been a lot more efficient than what i thought it would be.

I alternate between driving on Gas and petrol as for towing its perfect, cannot even tell your pulling the boat and trailer along and it doesnt seem to make a difference on fuel.

Iam stoked with my cruiser bad thing is now i want V8 one.

yeah a bloke at work had a couple of these. he had the diesel luved it pulled the bobcat easy as and fuel consumption was unreal.

recently traded and got the i think is it glx or gxl iduno,its unleaded he friggin luvs it to.he was tellin me how its got cruise control which ya cant get in diesel and its a heap smoother ride,its got IFS which he said the last diesel didnt have either but is a heap heavier on the fuel and his brother has an auto which is even heavier again on the fuel.

it depends how ya drive the dam things as to how eficient they run.

Depends what you want it for. I have a 80 series diesel and I towed a caravan up Cunningham's gap and it didn't worry it too much. As for fuel economy on the diesel it is unreal. I have a few mates with 100's both diesel and petty ones. I guess the only major concern would be if you plan on touring with it just be mindful of where the petrol stops are and check before if they stock gas on the route your going. But as you say the cost of the diesel versions are much higher then the petrol ones and you can buy alot of tanks of unleaded before you get to the outlay price of the Diesel version. Thought about a Patrol of similar age on petrol / gas they are a bit cheaper again.

Archived