Time to boast!

Ash

Ok. it has be asked. I'd like to know what is the biggest or heaviest fish that every one has caught, in the BRISSIE river! Time to boast and only lie if you can get away with it! (just joking, there'd be no gain in lieing!)Let the tall tales ....begin!!!!!!

I have caught a two kilo catty and a four kilo bull shark.

Some of the eels i have coaught have easily been 2 kilo's.

I only add this post reluctently as i knoe troy's 10kg Threadfin will surely beat everyone else. Or his 38lb Bull shark?? Whats the coversion?

If Neil Shultz replies his huge ass Bully caught far upriver might be able to easily compet???

Maybe it should be on species weight and not just weight, coz this log fish i caught once it was huge!!!!

Angus.

:laugh: Yeah those damn log fish! I believe they are closely related to bicycle tire fish Indroopilly! Puts up a good fight, but hard on the teeth!:laugh:

But yes, you're right. As this is no comp, and i only ask for my own interest, \"size doesnt matter!\":blush: Just like to hear whats in the old river is all!

Yeah fair enough.

I was hoping to learn more about that throught his site as well.

I have been very happy with the results.

After seeing photo's of a flathead from moggill ferry, photo's of two threadfin from Oxley Creek (yet to be posted) and a small Jew fish caught in the cast net on the night of the comp, im very impressed with what i have seen so far.

Please keep the surprises coming!

Angus.

• 1 year later...

Good point Angus.

I can add to the list, I got that Jewie at the mouth of the Norman creek, and a 2kg squire past the gateway. and some more bream and flatties.

My heaviest catties would be about 2.5kg to 3kg.

There has been lots caught since this was first put in, so everyone add away!

Biggest thing I've caught in the river is a very large sea turtle on plastics it gave me some curry after nearly spooling me a couple of times while chasing it around with my electric for a couple hundred metres till i cut it loose. But the other weekend a bloke at the boat ramp showed me a photo of a 16kg threadfin salmon he caught 2 weeks ago at the mouth

Its a shame i lost the pics of this fish but the largest fish out of the river is a 15kg cod caught in my (SPOT X) That monster threadfin caught a few months back under the gateway i heard about still takes the cake as far as i am concerned..

and ya might remember this one Ash, this would have to be my biggest \"up\" the river....on a black and white spinnerbait....i remember only meeting Ash and Angus a few hours prior and then landing this sucker....one of my favorite catches of all time given the scenery and the whole moment of it all....ahhh the memories:P [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/92.jpg

post-180-14459841521_thumb.jpg

Jimmy, this is a piccy of my jewie. Am looking for the pic of the squire still.And yeah jimmy i do remember that morning! Beautiful place, too bad it'll most likely be just a trickle now! Come on rain! [img size=300]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_003-255baaff1e03bb98063e3700752a79f1.jpg

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2007/05/20 19:49

post-81-144598415283_thumb.jpg

Archived