Finally a Logan Bully

WayneD

Well after three trips for no fish caught (a few lost though) I finally managed my first bully for the season. Only a couple of little pups caught but after a frustrating few trips I was glad to finally land a few. Although I only managed 2 out of about 12 runs......

These were caught out near the mouth of the Logan at the bottom of the tide Sunday arvo/night. All caught on live mullet. After the rain during the week the water was pretty dirty and I was hoping that it had flushed a few towards the mouth as KAF told me in another post that he had heard that they were all still up river a fair way.

I don't normally fish into the dark but the tides weren't quite right. It sure is spooky paddling the kayak back across the water in the dark where you have just pulled a few bullies that could take a chunk out of you!!

post-1190-14459869689_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598696897_thumb.jpg

post-1190-144598696901_thumb.jpg

Both jumped when I set the hook Schmuck. In my experience not many in the Logan do jump for some reason. The ones I have caught in the Coomera go ballistic having about 3 or 4 jumps but the Logan ones rarely do for some reason.

but yet they jump for me quite abit. out of the 20 i have caught in the logan over the past 3.5 weeks, prob 70% of them have pumped on hook up and in the fight as well...

good stuff mate, what lb were u using

14lb for me. I'm not into the light stuff for the sharks. What depth is the river that you are fishing in? I fish in less than 2mtrs of water, maybe that is why they don't jump? Got me buggered. They break the surface with their tail a fair bit but I hardly ever get to see aerials. :angry:

Archived