Bass at the top!

batman

post-2993-144598700052_thumb.jpg

post-2993-144598700048_thumb.jpg

post-2993-144598700044_thumb.jpg

I have been chomping at the bitt to get back into the fresh, Surfingant and I had been scoping out spots all week. I invited my mate Geelbek (a brand new member!) to come along and JeffR was kind emough to loan his yak again for my mate to finally get on to a bass.

We met Ant and Jordan at Twin Bridges and we headed upstream, I had my new baitcaster set up and it didn't like small lures! So after my sixth birdsnest I changed to my trsuty spinnerbait in black and silver. I cast right into a fallen tree, two tugs and smasho, I am on! The bass was not playing nice and had me rapped around a snag but my trusty Hobie peddles got me out of trouble and I landed a loveley high 40's bass! :cheer: Ant took a quick pic and she swam away to grow fatter...... I landed another tiddler around the 30 mark but that was it and things seemed to shut down.

Ant and Jordan were well upstream and I saw them land a few fish but I know that they were getting frustrated so the decision was made to change location. We ended up and spot x and after a bit of a steep climb down a bank we launched at a lovley spot we all headed up stream.

Ant and Jords took off upstream and where about 100m ahead of me but I was landing fish all around the high 30's, I also landed two massive catties who actually gave me a good rev, what is with their slime??? my line was full of the stuff! After another hour I had enough so I turned around and headed for home, I was trolling a spinner and bang I trolled up a lovley bass around the 40 mark, quick pic and he went back to his snag.

When I got back to Brian (Geelbek) he had a huge smile on his face! Brian is an old crusty bait fisherman and all my prodding to use lures he had cracked the shits and purchased a box of worms!!! :P Brian has really bad tennis elbow so he didn't venture to far, he tied up to a snag and tossed out a worm, bang he landed 4 big catties and when he told me he landed a big Saratoga!!! :woohoo: I didn't see it and he didn't get a pic but I do believe him and he was stoked beyond belief! A Saratoga at the top of the Brissie River?! After about half a dozen yak trips he got towed around by a Toga! I still can't believe it.. on a worm, how funny!

Ant will have some pics too, once again it was a awesome day.

Hope you all had a good one too.

Batty

post-2993-144598700026_thumb.jpg

post-2993-144598700036_thumb.jpg

Nice one Bryan we were wondering how you guys fared :) We smashed them up further got about 30 between us :whistle: Nah it was a pretty dead old day I think Jordo and I got about 10 all up I'll throw the pics up later. As for that toga you know what they say, no photo no fish :lol::P
Hahah I got 2 in 7 and a bit hours, then over half a dozen on the troll back hahahah, new strategy for next time!!

Nice one Bryan we were wondering how you guys fared :) We smashed them up further got about 30 between us :whistle: Nah it was a pretty dead old day I think Jordo and I got about 10 all up I'll throw the pics up later. As for that toga you know what they say, no photo no fish :lol::P
Hahah I got 2 in 7 and a bit hours, then over half a dozen on the troll back hahahah, new strategy for next time!!

Agreed, bugger the casting it's all about the trolling, might have to invest in that electric to make life even easier :silly: That would have to be the worst session I've had on the bass though, it just wasn't firing today.

Agreed, bugger the casting it's all about the trolling, might have to invest in that electric to make life even easier :silly: That would have to be the worst session I've had on the bass though, it just wasn't firing today.

Invest I a tackleback so you can get your lure back if you get bricked by another sub 20cm bass :blush: :whistle:

The few pics from my camera.

Bryan's 40ish fish

post-7024-144598700123_thumb.jpg

Jords' biggun :P

40ish models for me too

We didn't take any pics on the troll back, but as Jords said he nailed them on the way back and picked up a couple that went into the 40's as well as a few smaller versions. Hopefully next time the fish turn it on for us boys but as usual it was a pleasure to be out in good company again.

Ant.

post-7024-144598700111_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144598700144_thumb.jpg

Invest I a tackleback so you can get your lure back if you get bricked by another sub 20cm bass :blush: :whistle:
I do have one somewhere ;) And mate you didn't see it as clear as I did, it was at least 60, 45 ok maybe 25cm but at least it wasn't a cattie!! Hey Bryan :silly:

Yeh Dino they're thinning out alright!! I saw some guys exceeding their bag limit a few days ago. I was out numbered 4 to 1. Last time I opened my mouth in a situation like that I got myself in a bit of trouble so I didn't say anything this time. 4 guys filled a large bag with at least 14 big bass, maybe even more?? Plus I think they did the same thing in the morning of that day too!! Its so sad to see it, but it happens.

Archived