Brekky creek from Newstead Park bank 12/11/11

Muppet Arms

G'day all.

Been a while since I have been on. My Kingscliff trip produced a few flathead for my mate all on plastics. I didn't land one, and am still am yet to land a fish on soft plastics, however I did toss one right where I wanted it, hook a flatty and get him to the boat edge before he yawned at me and spat it. anyway, I am finally a believer that they work now that I had a hook up and also watching my mate land about five while I didn't land zip.

Anyways .... last night fished from Newstead Park bank into Brekky Creek. We didn't land anything. We tried for live prawns at Colmslie but everyone there said there were no prawns about, so then we tried Bulimba yacht club. Again there no luck so we went and bought a pack of prawns and pillies. We had a few bites, mainly peckers, and no huge blistering runs. We fished from about 8:30 to midnight so roughly two hours of the incoming, the turn and an hour of the outgoing. The water was boiling up towards the bridge and I thought it was mostly prawns being chased by the looks of it. Despite the action we couldn't get anything which I will put down to bait.

I would welcome any advice on how to approach Brekky Creek as I have read about a lot of success there on this site. I have read that everything from soft palsics to frozen prawns have worked there, with live prawns, herring and mullet appearing to be the baits of choice. Also, is there a particular spot we should try. Reports and pictures look like Newstead Park bank produces but also people have mentioned a pontoon. Is that the pontoon opposite Newstead Park river side of the bridge?

Thanks

Muppet Arms

all i can say is it is a very much HIT & MISS spot, some days' theres' fish there, some days'not. If your lucky & your there while the fish are moving through you have a good chance of landing a fish..just keep on persisting with the livies & flick a sp around while your waiting..you will catch something there eventually!

Archived