Making your own tails

Clevo_31

Hey all, after considering how many lures I lose every time I head out for a fish, I got thinking that it might not be a bad idea to try making my own tails to save a bit of coin and have a bit of fun in experimenting at the same time.

So, does anybody here make their own soft plastics?

Is it difficult to do?

Is it any cheaper at all to make your own compared to buying a brand such as squidgies?

What materials are needed and where can they be bought from?

Thanks,

Jordan

i make my own sp when theyve been absolutely hammered by fish. remodifying them & getting another sp out of them..saves' you from throwing a sp away when it might catch you that extra fish or 10

i make my own sp when theyve been absolutely hammered by fish. remodifying them & getting another sp out of them..saves' you from throwing a sp away when it might catch you that extra fish or 10

How do you remodify ones that have been hammered by fish Moses? do you melt them and stick together or something?

my mind is reeling with possibilities here of hybrid post nuclear apocalypse type tails I could make- curly tailed grub gulp shrimp? Three arsed boof frog jerk shad?

Haha I second the 3 arsed boof frog Idea!

Well I dont really mind about fiddling around making them, I love creative stuff like this. What Im more concerned about is unit price, if I can pay less for each tail I use and loose I would definatly consider this. Ways I can think of doing this is making my own jighead out of splitshot and aberdeen hooks, as well as using simply jerkshad molds out of plaster of paris.

What are peoples thoughts? is it difficult to buy the plastisol for the plastics?

Archived