5 Days of Recreational Wins

fatmuf

Howdy!

Straight into it - a workmate and I hit a spot along the Brissy river for some casual land-based action on Thursday night and within minutes we were pulling up our first hits. Amongst the obvious little catties were a couple excellent hook-ups.

First pull in was my first Jew, measuring in at about 45cm.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Soon followed by a wicked Estuary Cod caught by Kiyl, his largest to date at 54cm.

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

And then after a patient wait, I pulled in my first estuary cod measuring 46cm.

IMG_0289.jpg

Thursday involved a little evening trip to Bribie, where not a soul was lucky enough to pull up anything more than a King Toad. All of a sudden my line buzzes off like a bicycle freespin and I start pulling in my best fight yet. I was pulling in my first monster, which had the strength to take out my drag even with it set fairly tight. finally I had it right under me and just as I began to force it to the surface, the beast dived straight down. Not wanting to loosen my drag and get snapped off on pylons, I held on for dear life and - snap. Loose line. DAMN IT!! Snapped me off. I was rigged up for sharking, so im gonna go ahead and assume I had my first confrontation with a bully!

Going home empty handed, nothing was going to stop me heading back to Bribie on the weekend to try again so Saturday night I dragged a friend out with me for another flick on the passage-side of the island.

Many bites, but well out of luck. Changed area and again nothing - until GZZZZZZZ!! Finally!

After fighting my catch in, I was told it was a Mulloway but can guarantee against that, as i now know what a jewie looks like :P

A bloke there on the night also stated it was a Mother-In-Law fish which i found online to be a Slatey Sweetlips? Correct? I was stoked to be catching yet another first! Measured in at 45-50cm.

IMG_0304.jpg

Come Sunday, my originally intended weekend fish - again along the Brissy river - turned out pretty damn quiet, besides the wedding going on metres away - LAWL :lol:

Eventually I pulled out a little Moses Perch and then an hour or so later, my second Jew.

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

EXCELLENT 5 Days of Fishing :)

Days like these just make you more keen to head out more often.

mate they are actually not too bad if you prepare them correctly, nice little report and some nice fish :)

So true! Call me crazy but i find them real tasty, just make sure they are bled properly and straight onto the ice and you wont find much difference between them and scores of other well rated fish...

Don't tell everyone... the more people that continue to think they are rubbish the more for me! Like most fish, prepared correctly they are very good chewing and a sensational sports fish to boot. Only people who have never eaten one before that has been correctly prepared have this view. Side by side with snapper they are not dissimilar.

Archived