Shornecliffe Delivers a ZZZZeling Night of Fishing

TheLazyboy

Hey everyone, its been a few weeks since i have caught anything worthy of a post till yesterday.

On Wednesday Me, Doss, Keegan McLennan, and one other, decided to hit up shornecliffe pier for an allnight fishing trip ( from 3pm Wednsday To 9 Am Thursday). So we packed our bags and like normally caught the train with all our smelly fishing gear. (Btw you get people turning heads at you when you walk through roma street with fishing rods)

We get there to find that our spot on the pier was not occupied by anyone's rods :) That was all great till we decided to catch some live bait. First cast. 3 jellyfish and 2 mullet.... Bad decsion to bring it up. We pulled the mullet out while touching the jelly fish, and got it on out hands an mad us itch all night :( Withing 30 mins of casting we had about 15 lives which set us up for the first shark of the night.

Zzzzzzzzzz (For like 30 seconds) I Pull it in while it giving a crap fight, a 50ish cm shovelnose shark. Then 5 mins later zzzzzzzzzzz, I pull in a 60 cm one which didn't fight to well either. This was alright for me but everyone else on the pier wasnt to happy. They were giving me the look of death and want to chuck me in as shark bait.

Then about 30 mins later, we all hear a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Time 100. I have my 10000 shimano out with a 30 cm mullet with wire and a huge hook, which get absolutely get smashed. I try to bring it a halt when it snapped be of on my mono backing. I lost 200m of 30 lb braid in about 40 seconds. This was only the start of the disappointing bust off. I was disappointed. Everyone else was more pissed off that there lines haven't even had a touch and they were using all the same things as I was.

After that bust of i got on more, I had a small live herring out on my 15 lb line, and i heard a zzzzzzz then i hook it then i lost control of it when it took my around the pylon which busted me off. Then a few seconds after that bust off zzzzzz my mate alex’s rod goes off. Getting abosulely smashed one his 2 to 4 kilo javis walker rod. After a long fight, he brings it up and it was a nice size stingray.

post-8562-144598721718_thumb.jpg

It was about 10 pm, we are reading our zoo magazine (i got a free calendar for 2012)in while waiting for our live bait to be taken, Then Keegan says- My Rods bent, we didn’t know what he meant as he was reading a zoo mag but then we heard zzzzzzzzzzzz, he races off and brings in his fish.... A dirty catfish about the 40cm mark. ... well at least he was off his donut.

About another 30mins later reading the zoo mag we hear another zzzzzz, we all pull in stingray after stingray, frustratingly the rays was taking the bait before anything good had a chance to get to them. Until we get on zzzz which didn’t stop.

I had a herring on my 15 lb combo. It was getting like small little hits for like 20 seconds before till it just went zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz for like 10- 15 minutes of chasing it up and down the pier, over and under others rods, then finally get sight on it, a huge threadfin salmon, I use a net to lift the beast up on the pier (thanks for the guys on the pier for helping us catch it, if it wasn’t for those guys i would still be trying to get it on the pier)

When I bring it up there is like 15 guys around me celebrating with me as I land the biggest threadfin I have caught and also the biggest fish I have caught ever. I put it in the on the brag mat and it measure it and its 97cm. It was personally the most satisfying minute of my life. The thing i work so hard for, days and days, I finally get a big one.

post-8562-144598721687_thumb.jpg

post-8562-144598721706_thumb.jpg

I release it so it can be caught another time. Once i released it we found that some of the locals wanted to have a chat while they were pissed. Shane the local was one a different them, the link below is of him which my mate put up on youtube

Warning: The following video if you decide to watch it contains racist, sexist and other inappropriate comments

[video]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JkZkP7EoBQ&list=UUD_ZdpM-PiXAbpZyy_iRiMg&feature=plcp

About at 330 we get a double hook up on two rays, we were bored of the rays so we decide to start a new game called tag team fishing, its where you get a double hook up then half way through you switch rods.
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edBKfh0mPuE&list=UUD_ZdpM-PiXAbpZyy_iRiMg&feature=plcp

Then a while after that we go a triple hook up with stingrays. Not a bloody stingray. It was like the 20th one we caught in the group, so we where over it.

At about 8am doss hooks a nice stingray on his 2 lb which was pretty entertaining, it took him 40 min to see if there was what it was but when he realised it was a ray he just snapped himself or just so he didn’t catch another one.

All up it was a great night for me and a pretty good one for the others. I am making a montage of bust offs at the moment, it will be uploaded soon and also a video with the tag team fishing. I hope you i haven’t bored you guys to much with this post. Thanks for reading.

Archived