My first threadfin in a castnet!

viperon1982

Finally I caught a 60cm threadfin salmon in a castnet! A pity it ripped a 3 inch hole in my castnet though.. :angry:

BUT, the hole was well worth it! All thanks to Kiara for showing me where (Spot X) to cast and how to cast! Too bad he's in melbourne and can't celebrate it with me! THANKS anyway bro!

Mine.jpg

post-1277-144598419873_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I just got up from bed and I'm still excited!

Haha, rayke1938, no mate, not sambal this time. Mite try the aussie way since I've got the fish portioned into 3 parts. *yummm*

Alrite Oceandonkey, we've got a deal. 1 first born for 1 spot X. Erm.. wat do I do with a first born though? *scratches head* Does he/she come toilet-trained? hehe.. kidding!

ahahah umm i wouldnt know what you do with them mate. A pro to this deal is you will be getting a far better model than what is available on todays market since its not even a thought yet so just remeber..... who knows what the models in 5 years or so may have laser beams coming from their eyes but who knows...think about that :D

viperon1982 wrote:

Finally I caught a 60cm threadfin salmon in a castnet! A pity it ripped a 3 inch hole in my castnet though.. :angry:

BUT, the hole was well worth it! All thanks to Kiara for showing me where (Spot X) to cast and how to cast! Too bad he's in melbourne and can't celebrate it with me! THANKS anyway bro!

Mine.jpg

How stoked our you? Check out the smile and rightly so too - good casting mate.

Where did you say you got it?:)

Brian D wrote:

viperon1982 wrote:

Mine.jpg

How stoked our you? Check out the smile and rightly so too - good casting mate.

Where did you say you got it?:)

How stoked was I? It was my first cast upon arrival at Spot X, and immediately I felt a violent tug and my instincts sort told me it was a threadfin! That was when my heart went into overdrive! *drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* I was SO scared it'd drop outta the bottom pocket that I retrieved it like at 1m/hr!!! It kept thrashing wildly the nearer I brought it to the surface and I think I almost had a heart attack for fear of losing it haha!

Well after the LONGEST retrieve, I finally saw the salmon and quickly swung the net over to land, and voila, mah first salmon!! woohooo! Now u know how stoked i was!

obone wrote:

Did you eat him viperon?

Joel ;)

Hell yeah of coz I did!! haha! I just had it for lunch! yummm... I left the cooking to my China-born chinese dish expert housemate who did it in a chinese style! Not exactly sure wat it's called but damn was it good!

Hmmm.. now for the head. We're gonna make fish head soup with it! *slurrrrrrp*

webbfunk wrote:

I know spot X......and the sandflies.....so annoying attimes.

Hey, did you use Kiara ( Adrain's) burley to attract some action ( chicken pellets )?

Cangrats on the salmon

Oh, I didn't know he uses burley? When adrian and i are there we never use burley. it's just us and our 12ft-wide castnets, and we'd cast side-by-side sort of like dredging the whole area!! nothing escapes the combined 24ft-wide madness! haha!

Archived