Any redclaw at Somerset lately?

Woodlaz

heaps mate, we got so many over new years, only had 6 pots between us aswell! in a bay about 500m north of pelican point near where theres a little bit of standing timber on the western bank, lol but i think its anywhere in there pretty much, i tried all the famous bait like sunlight soap, boiled spuds but Rockmelon out fished them majorly

Thanks mate. After goin out with Ray on NPD I shared the catch with a few family members, now they organised this trip specifically for redclaw as they were very impressed with the taste. We will definately set some pots around pelican point. Can't wait. We have a variety of bait - rockmelon, dried cat food, paw paw, potatoes, sunlight soap. Someone also told me a little while ago that HAY (what horses/cows eat) is also good. Will set the pots in diff depths till we find em.

Did you have any issues with sharefarmers?

Thanks again for ur info.

Cheers

Woodlaz

yeah i put different baits in each pot the first night and the rock melon was full to the brim so the next 4 nights the pots all went out with rockmelon!

nah no issues with sharefarmers, ive heard its bad but then i went at new years and there were that many pots in the water the sharefarmers may of had to many to choose from

Thanks guys, we will only be there for one night but durign saturday we will move em around until we find em :) I think dave (nugget) said something recently about finding em 3/4 the way down from kirkleagh??? to the spit and also mentioned that there was ALOT of pots out. I have printed out a map of somerset and have a few ideas - including the aforementioned ones. Have just bought 2 fresh rock melons - the others im goin with have all the other stuff (ie soap/cat bisuits/pilchards) except par boiled potatoes, which i am now googleing :).

Thanks for the info guys and I will post a report upon return....(when sober enough - don't ya love dedicated drivers) :P :P :P

Cheers

Woodlaz

Archived