moreton bay marine park re org

rayke1938

saw an item on channel 0 news tonight about rearranging boundarys for the moreton bay marine park. Apparently the federal minister for fisheries hosted a meeting last night about the proposed changes.

I havent anything definate and was not aware of the meeting that was held at cleveland.

I am aware that there have been adverse ( for fishermen both amatuer and pro) changes made to the barrier reef and hervey bay fisheries.

According to the news the amatuer fishing groups have not been asked for imput to these changes but Simon Balitis was on the news waving his green flag. I have personal knowledge of the dishonest methods and data that Balitis uses to push his views.

. I enjoy taking my grandkids fishing and whilst i want there to be some fish there for them to catch i also want there to be somewhere i can take them.

If anyone has any knowledge of this subject or of any other meetings i would like to know

ray

OK

This is the sort of thing my site can deal with.

We need to show the Government we are fisho's. And the fisho's are actually the ones that want to protect the fisheries.

Brian D has said it before.

But im putting it to every member now.

Would you all support me if i went and said

\"We need more attention paid to the fishing induststry both recreational and pro, because we want, not just us to catch good fish tommorrow, but also our kids. And hopefully their kids to be able to catch fish\".

It sounds silly for us now, coz we can all get a fish when we need to.

But from i have seen it will get worse.

I love taking a fish home and eating them. But i wont be upset if i can take one fish instead of two.

Who is with me on that????? For example the limit on bream is massive. They are not a great eating fish, But what a good fighting fish. Lets start a BRC let all bream go. Take a photo. And good work. But no dead bream will be taken by BRC. Anyone with me?

Angus

PS

Take Whiting, Take Flathead. They are easy to fillet. But i think Bream are meant for the fight.

Angus

Maybe you should see the doco i did last yr on over fishing in SE Queensland , I also had big names in my doco that was going to air on Briz31 , it will be on there but Re filming cut aways .

Ken Brown had some good points to make , and Mark Eliam from the DPI and so on , it was going to happen , we are over fishing our bay .

No If's buts or maybes about it , true I see what they are trying to do , they did it down south .

Stingray do you know when your doco is going to air next? I would like to see it.Also do you support or oppose the movement? I actually think they got it wrong by picking on the rec fisherman but should stop pros from netting in the bay.

Also I think they would be better looking at replacing fish rather then stopping rec fisherman from fishing.

I support what Angus said. I for one will not keep another bream for the rest of the season. In additionn I may suggest that instead of closing areas ,try closing species for a season or 2, further to Angus's idea. Meaning for example 2007 No bream to be kept, 2008 No Snapper and so on. that way we can give each species a break for a year or two.

As to bag limits - Angus your spot on! Lets look at all the limits. Maybe use the rotation formula year to year.

There is a reason there is no bag limit on Bream, they are plentiful. Not killing bream is a nice guesture, but a type of fish that are actually threatened might be a better one.

Does not worry me, I dont kill any of them - all catch and release as far as I am concerned.

Archived