Soooo Angry!!!

Bullrout

So what happens is a week before my birthday last month i decide i want a depth sounder for my tinny, so onto ebay i go, find a cheap old sounder that would be good for my tinny and fairly expendable should my boat sink :), i win it (22/06) for $61 + postage. That was thursday, is end money of to guys bank account happy as larry im getting a new toy for my boat. Wednesday following eek, guy messages me said he's had family troubles, death in family yadda yadda, he says he cant post till saturday 30th june. Guy accpets he has recived money, and i just accept ill get it abit later. Following week goes by, no sounder, is end the uy messages and all, i get nothing in return. Now todays friday, another week gone, still no sounder, and no communication from this bloke. I know i was proabbly gullible or whatever, im not a computer guru and i guess im fairly trusting, i've never had any problem with ebay or anytihng before, guess this time i got the short straw...anyone had any thing like this go on with them? i lodged a complaint thingy with ebay but i dont think that does much, and i doubt theres much else that can be done, live and learn i spoose... but to Stuart Liles, A.K.A partyboy2k8 from Belmont Victoria, whose bank details i also still have (wish i was a hacker)i wish you some very bad Karma buddy.

Unlucky Bullrout, contact the guys bank and let them know.

Also, always check sellers feedback before buying

I use this sight quiet often:

/>http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=partyboy2k8&Dirn=Received+by

Not very good.

cheers

A death in the family hey. Hmmm ...maybe he's just seeing the future:evil:

Play it through the system with ebay and see how you go. Don't leave negative feedback until the 89th day, or when you've received the final word about it. Pissing him off will reduce any small chance of him coming good.

please go onto the ebay.com.au website and look up what to do when goods are not received. ebay has a process in place to somehow try and resolve things like this.

try googling this issue. read sites like -http://www.askdavetaylor.com/won_auction_on_ebay_paid_but_never_received_the_goods.html
/>http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

i know paypal/ebay has buyer protection or something, but im not sure it applies if you bank deposited?

remember, to start selling on ebay you need to verify yourself with an address and credit card i think from memory. but im sure there is something that can be done by ebay, even if it is just banning them. see how you go

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/07/14 00:11

Always use paypal, gives you free insurance on most deals. Failing that use one of the credit cards that offers free internet protection.

But if it is overseas, it can literally take months for something to arrive if they send it surface mail.

Lures etc I order from Singapore or Hong Kong often take 3 weeks to arrive. Mind you in those cases the sellers are communicative!

Well thanks for the name and shame at least. Hopefully it will save someone else from getting ripped off!

Mmmm I think its about time we had a dedicated section on the forum for Ebay/Online Stores, to name/shame crap sellers + karma the good ones so to speak.

Mate, keep a dairy record of every contact and attempt you make to recover your $ and/or item. I mean dates, time, emails etc.

Once you have a substantial list email it again to eBay with your receipt number. Separate complaint. By doing this you have followed correct procedure and can now add costs to your claim.

Then email the seller with a final letter of demand stating that the debt will not be forgiven and therefore from this notice on all costs associated with the recovery will need to be meet by the seller and will be enforced within compliance of the small claims court of Victoria.

Then get a quote for a similar item (new) and send the seller an invoice for the cost new item that you will have to purchase if he does not honour the original contract.

That should stir him up a bit. Might not get your money back but it is fun!:evil:

Archived