Greenpeace wtf!?!?!

Nospig

Hi all,

This may seem a bit weird but i'll go with it any way, ummm, cut to the chase i got told i was an idiot for fishing by tree hugger today,it was over a youtube video of a baby tiger shark being brought to shore with oversized hook in mouth and eventually having its fins cut while still alive and dumped back in the water and left to die a slow and painful death, now all i said was- "I shark fish as a hobby, i do not in any way treat them like this even if kept for eating,it's bulls**t, i am not against eating them i am against people that intend to eat them and not humanely killing them first, it takes a very short time to bleed them out, the quickest way, with that knife the way it is would have no trouble slitting the tail.By the way i very rarely consume fish that i catch 4 out of 5 legal fish if that,that i catch is released in the best possible condition, i'm against over-fishing as it is not needed!"

i got a reply- Thanks for sharing Kyle, can't believe your friends with this idiot though. Shark fishing as a hobby..... Try collecting stamps or bird watching.

Its funny really because i collect stamps and thoroughly enjoy bird watching aswell as many other hobbies.

By the way this was on facebook as kyle the person stated in above comment is a friend of mine and had shared the video, now i want to hear you guys point of view am i taking it the wrong way or what?

I also shall add the video, but be warned it is quite graphical and sad to watch really :(

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaZjmT8mHbU

(Mod Note - you just need to post the URL to embed the vid)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XaZjmT8mHbU

Reply =

LOL Such a typical reply from a typically narrow-minded person of your ilk. I wont be oppressed by vermin such as yourself. If you think this is cruel you should see how other animals do it. Worse things happen at sea ;) You continue to learn how the World works by looking at your stamps while I deal with the harsh realities of life and death.

hmmm this is a little sus this film. Very confronting but I think it is staged to get a reaction. Would not surprise me if Greenpeace organised the whole thing. A bit like the so called platypus in the opera trap. Also This guy is fishing in a dug out canoe. I do not believe they would release a feed like that and only take the fins. Bogus

I got abused by this chick for fishing off this jetty at the coast. caught a legal size bream brought it in it really swallowed the hook. so i just cut the trace and released it as im not a massive fish eater. well the hook must have messed something up in it as it didn't swim off properly then floated belly up this girl went in a fit calling me all names and just being a pain in the ass. i ended up snapping at her as she was out of line her friend had to drag her away. some people are just idiots there is bigger problems in the world then some fishermen having a rare death of a fish meant for release...

Reply =

LOL Such a typical reply from a typically narrow-minded person of your ilk. I wont be oppressed by vermin such as yourself. If you think this is cruel you should see how other animals do it. Worse things happen at sea ;) You continue to learn how the World works by looking at your stamps while I deal with the harsh realities of life and death.

well put totally agree brian

When people like that are focused on a single agenda they seem to lose perspective. A good slap is the answer for hysteria :whistle: :dry:

I got abused by this chick for fishing off this jetty at the coast. caught a legal size bream brought it in it really swallowed the hook. so i just cut the trace and released it as im not a massive fish eater. well the hook must have messed something up in it as it didn't swim off properly then floated belly up this girl went in a fit calling me all names and just being a pain in the ass. i ended up snapping at her as she was out of line her friend had to drag her away. some people are just idiots there is bigger problems in the world then some fishermen having a rare death of a fish meant for release...

Reply =

i got another reply- well mate what do u expect when u say you shark fish on a shark finning protest video.

well for 1- i wasn't really implying the fact i fish for sharks to, but more so i was fully against this finning sh*t, and said i would never treat any of the sharks i caught like that ever

and...

2- wtf is so good about shark fins com'on seriosly after all arnt they just pieces of cartilage.

I'm not sure the video is genuine either. Shot with a secrete HD camera with focal and exposure adjustment AND having an underwater housing is a bit of a stretch.

Also the guy doing the finning looked like he knew damn well he was on camera, even pausing long enough to let the camera "secretely" film from multiple angles.

I used to respect Greenpeace but not anymore as they always stage things and also manipulate the truth, just like the media. When I was stationed in Kiribati this Greenpeace film crew turned up to make a documentary on global warming and rising sea levels. Funny how they chose a predicted extra large spring tide to do their filming, and were also bribing locals to speak untruths in front of the camera ie: "these high water levels happen on high tide every day". They don't let the truth get in the way of a sensational story.

shark fin soup very popular in asian countries

the soup base must be full of added flavour, do the fins have any flavour themselves i dont know i've never had it probably dont intend to either theres much better tasting stuff then that i reckon lol

probably one of my favourite soups to have. I've made my family change from having it without thought of how the fin is obtained to now only having it when I've got it from guys on AFO as their off-cuts from them keeping the flake.

Although it is a bit tough to avoid when at an asian wedding...

shark fin soup very popular in asian countries

the soup base must be full of added flavour, do the fins have any flavour themselves i dont know i've never had it probably dont intend to either theres much better tasting stuff then that i reckon lol

probably one of my favourite soups to have. I've made my family change from having it without thought of how the fin is obtained to now only having it when I've got it from guys on AFO as their off-cuts from them keeping the flake.

Although it is a bit tough to avoid when at an asian wedding...

thats good then minimal wastage, but nothing beats a hearty home-made chicken soup ;)

Archived