Shark fest in the Logan

WayneD

I only struggle with livies during a flood. The mullet seem to disappear with all the fresh. I had plenty today. All my fish were taken on live mullet and I had a few left over to give to some ramp fishos. Where the prawn farm pipes go into the river near Marks Rocks there is a big sandbank that comes off an island. The mullet love the shallow banks there and they are easy to see and catch near the island. When I am yakking I park on that island and fish, only good at low tide though. Today I stayed on the island for a few hours because the fishing was good. That way I could replenish my livies before I anchored up. Most of this area around there is only about 1-1.5m deep which is probably why a lot of my fish are 65-90cm. Certainly were some good acrobatics on show today, they were jumping all over the place.

PS I have no idea where the Gazebo is. I really haven't explored much of the Logan.

Good work on the sharks mate, seems you are having a ball with em.

Here is a pic of where the gazebo is in comparison to where I think you launch/fish.

post-2162-144598763405_thumb.jpg

P.S. If you use Nearmap instead of google maps, you can actually zoom in enough to see the top of the gazebo :)

Cheers

Woodlaz

Thanks Woodlaz

You are spot on where I launch although I wouldn't call it a "ramp". I fish between the island above the circle and the big long one. I hardly ever see anyone fishing there but I have pulled heaps of fish from there. Best thing is that you leave the ramp and you are fishing 5 minutes later.

Thanks Woodlaz

You are spot on where I launch although I wouldn't call it a "ramp". I fish between the island above the circle and the big long one. I hardly ever see anyone fishing there but I have pulled heaps of fish from there. Best thing is that you leave the ramp and you are fishing 5 minutes later.

do you mean the little island directly above the circle, or the one closer to the northern bank? either way.....5 minutes? what's taking you so long?! haha

Fair suck at a sav. I am only paddling the yak or using an electric on my punt. It's not like I've got horsepower to burn.

And yes I do have to throw the castnet.

The island straight above the circle is the one but you have to go around to the right of it. You can't cut straight across as there is a big mudbank that isn't showing. That pic on GE must have been taken at high tide. The sandbank at the end of the larger island isn't showing either.

I only struggle with livies during a flood. The mullet seem to disappear with all the fresh. I had plenty today. All my fish were taken on live mullet and I had a few left over to give to some ramp fishos. Where the prawn farm pipes go into the river near Marks Rocks there is a big sandbank that comes off an island. The mullet love the shallow banks there and they are easy to see and catch near the island. When I am yakking I park on that island and fish, only good at low tide though. Today I stayed on the island for a few hours because the fishing was good. That way I could replenish my livies before I anchored up. Most of this area around there is only about 1-1.5m deep which is probably why a lot of my fish are 65-90cm. Certainly were some good acrobatics on show today, they were jumping all over the place.

PS I have no idea where the Gazebo is. I really haven't explored much of the Logan.

Thanks mate I will give that spot a retry B) As for the gazebo, it is roughly 1.5/2k's up stream from marks rock on a sweeping bend, its a spot I usually anchor up in about 4m and fish the edge that drops to about 12m. Have pulled a few bullies from there and smoked a few times.

Archived