bribie island

josha293

hey guys

been a while since i posted last... any way had a pretty bad day at work so as soon as i got home i grabbed my catsnet and headed for bribie island to catch some bait and relax.

first few casts and i felt the net start pullin away, when i pulled the net up it turned out to be a 33cm whiting. a few casts later and i felt the net pulling again this time it was a 38cm flathead. back in the drink he went and the verey next cast it happened againe but i pulled up a 43cm flathead. i also caught this fish i have never seen before, these people at the jetty said it was a happy moment????? pics are below. after an hour the tide started to turn and the current was too fast to throw the net. so packed up my gear and headed home.

pics aren't the best quality as i only had my phone but i hope you guys enjoyed my post.

post-8857-144598765007_thumb.jpg

post-8857-144598765016_thumb.jpg

post-8857-144598765025_thumb.jpg

post-8857-144598765034_thumb.jpg

Yep its a happy moments, the bane of all castnetters. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that accidently gets legal fish in the castnet all the time, I especially regularly get legal barra. I feel cheated when I get a good fish in the net as I reckon if its not caught on a line it doesn't count B)

Archived