Story Of A Jeep And The Man Who Hates Thank You's

BassTracker

I posted up a little while ago that I had bought an old 85 model Jeep cherokee that I had the intention of restoring, or at least giving a fresh start. Here's the old girl

post-1835-144598766794_thumb.jpg

I was looking for someone to do the painting and the quotes were so high it didnt seem worth it. Just as I was about to give up or go to bunnings and buy all of thier spray cans, Kurt (madmullet) gives me a bell and says, "Mate did you forget I was a qualified spraypainter". From there he agreed to paint it for me. There was not talk of money as Kurt says, It all comes back around mate. So the date being set we got into it. The idea was to get it in primer this weekend and next weekend we would paint it. As a nother member recently discribed, in the Bob Katter mobile colors of Australian Army Camo.

Now let me just say this. When it comes to prepping an old car like this for paint, there is a hell of a lot more work than I had imagined, but Kurt was right into it (Even though he hadnt slept the night before due to sharking adventures. What Kurt and his dad got done on this car would have taken me six months. It was good to have a good chat about hunting and fishing and everything in between over the two days and watching kurt use the spray gun is pretty impressive. (My effort on the front grill left a hell of a lot to be desired haha)

Now Kurt hates thank yous, being one of those blokes that does whatever he does for people because he has a genuine desire to help people out, and as a good mate of mine has gone above and beyond on more than one occasion.. Ive been threatened by Kurt before for saying thankyou so Im taking a risk here :P;););):P

But thanks are due where they are do (Please dont burn my car this week kurt)

Brief rundown...

Offered to paint my car , thanks Kurt

Fielded about 100 calls from me asking about diferent products, Thanks Kurt

Got the car round and a mate of his who worked in Jeep for 30 odd years did some much needed repairs, Thanks Kurt

Prepped the car for paint and primed it... one whole weekend.. Thanks Kurt

Put me up at his joint for the weekend. Thanks Kurt

Gave me his ute for the week as mine couldnt be driven as we'd hoped... Thanks Kurt..

:woohoo: :lol: :silly: :whistle: :cheer: :cheer: ;)

Cheers mate

And thanks to Kurts dad who spent hours under the bonnet pulling dints sanding and bogging....

Heres some pics so far

post-1835-144598766807_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598766818_thumb.jpg

post-1835-144598766831_thumb.jpg

Offered to paint my car , thanks Kurt

Fielded about 100 calls from me asking about diferent products, Thanks Kurt

Got the car round and a mate of his who worked in Jeep for 30 odd years did some much needed repairs, Thanks Kurt

Prepped the car for paint and primed it... one whole weekend.. Thanks Kurt

Put me up at his joint for the weekend. Thanks Kurt

Gave me his ute for the week as mine couldnt be driven as we'd hoped... Thanks Kurt..

:woohoo: :lol: :silly: :whistle: :cheer: :cheer: ;)

Cheers mate

And thanks to Kurts dad who spent hours under the bonnet pulling dints sanding and bogging....

quote]

Kurt, you're a legend. Good on you mate.

i help others just to see a smile on their face at the end of the day. whether it is showing a fishing tech, offering to help someone with their car or offering help to do with anything else. the work thank you means nothing much to me, but to see someones face light up or you can see the appresiation in them, thats more thanks then a word can give.

i have gone out of my way for many afoers, on of the most recent was jnewy. i went over to his house to look at his trailer to inproove the drive on, and he offered me $20 cash for petrol money. nah nah mate all good, keep you money, i dont mind helping out.

brad, its taking a little longer than expected, but hay, we will get it done, cant wait to see it in its final stage.

Archived