Attaching transducer to tinny

sharkboi

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how i can attach my fish finder transducer to my tinny and be able to remove it easily.

I want to be able to remove it, as my boat is stored on the street outside my house and I am worried about the transducer getting stolen.

Cheers

If you are worried, make it hard for them. Screw/bolt it in then fill the screw holes with silicone so they would need to pick it all out before unscrewing it, and make sure you use plenty of zip ties running the cable. Definitely remove the sounder tho! Keep it in your tacklebox or something you always take fishing so you dot forget to take it... Weve all been there!

Yep silicone in the screw heads, tamper resistant s/s screws which need a specific driver tip, or source a removable plastic bracket thing. They are a deep V type set up where the inside bit slides into the outside bit with a push button thing at the top to hold it in. Have a look outside your locatl corner store next time at those little flags that hang out on an angle above the doors for the shape and idea.

Anyway you go though you will have the issue of the cord flopping around each time and having to secure it.

Archived