I can work for free as a deck hand

jhedrick

Hey Guys,

I work in the mining industry and love my fishing/working. I am saving money to go over seas and am finding my time off pretty damn boring. Currently working 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and just wanted to offer my services for free doing anything out on a boat. Im a great worker, good guy and really dont care if i get paid or not. Can work any hours night/day doesnt really bother me.

Let me know if anyone needs a hand, I live in the Coorparoo area and fly back to brisbane on the 9th hopefully.

Cheers

Jordan

• 2 months later...

I know your pain mate, I'm 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off and people that don't do it just don't understand its not as awesome as it sounds. So as to stop myself from falling into the drinking and gambling trap that a lot of bored and lonely fly in/ fly out workers fall into, I've started getting into volunteer work. Maybe you could try volunteer coastguard or volunteer fisheries?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips guys, I had a weird hitch of 7 weeks straight and was over seas for a month so I havent really been home for 3 months now. Im back out on site after being at home for less then 24 hours. I cant wait to get back and have a fish.

Archived